First Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Zipsort Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

They were selling me a different position. The whole interview was them convincing me that a different position and a different shift was better than what I had originally applied for. It really wasn't your typical job interview. They asked me about my previous employers. They asked why I chose to apply to this company. They asked how much I was making at my previous job. They asked about my flexibility with work schedules. It was a laid back very informal interview. You have three different interviews back to back and then they will make you an offer. Unless you have a really bad record, you are guaranteed to get this job.

Interview Questions

• Are you dependable, can you work in a team environment, attention to detail ...etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay.

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Normal Panel interview, but pretty laid-back process.. They asked a lot of questions to get a good understanding of what you know. There were multiple managers for different groups interviewing. So, In reality, I was interviewing for 3 positions and the Managers would decide among themselves which department I should work in. Overall it was a friendly, yet informative interview. I would recommend First Data to others.

Team Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Manager's were in disagreement about where to place me. Ridiculous. The management did not get along with each other, which showed after I started. Also, waited over 2 hours as they were running behind. Never came out to advise or get me ,,,,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Made an offer, rejected, I came back with a higher $ , she accepted.

Interview

Relatively normal process. Apply on line, and if they are interested they will send you a link for an assessment to complete within 5 days online. Then get called in to speak with a recruiter. I Applied For Multiple Positions. They Had A Hiring Event Which Was Very Well Put Together. I Was Very Disappointed To Learn That No Matter How Much Experiance You Have, In My Case 19 Years, They Only Offer A Wage Of $12.00 Per Hour. When I Voiced My Concerns They Were Very Proud To Say, That Because I Had So Much Experiance, They Were Happy To Jump My Offer To $12.50 Per Hour.

Below average salary. It's very hard to justify knowing that your bringing many years of experience and knowledge along with a strong work ethic, working next to a young high school dropout with no experience at all and still living at home with mom & dad making the same low salary of $12.00 per hour. If they don't see or appreciate a hard worker in the beginning, it's doubtful it's going to change much a year or two in. It felt like a slap in the face.

Strategic Sourcing Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email for an interview at the Atlanta corporate office location. A 3 round interview was conducted. The first 2 rounds were conversational with entry level employees and a senior level employee. The third round was a traditional "run me through your resume, what are your strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years" interview along with conversation with upper management. Everyone was very nice but I never heard back anything about the next steps in the interview process or an offer.

Senior Settlement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a university job fair. Pretty easy process overall. The interview was with three managers, but it wasn't so intimidating once the interview actually started. They based the questions off of my resume and set of skills. It wasn't just standard run of the mill questions. About half of the interview was them describing the job and what I would actually be doing, while the other half was me answering their questions. They seemed to value entrepreneurship and forward thinking, also working together as a team and meeting deadlines efficiently.

Interview Questions

• In your last position, were you able to implement any changes or new policies to improve the workplace?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter about the software development internship for the summer. To my dismay, since this was my first interview ever, I was expecting an actual interview, but I did pair programming instead. It was a fairly good experience, except the fact that 3 guys were watching me code as I blanked out throughout the whole thing, which kept me nervous. But, an experience is still an experience!

Director of Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Data in March 2016.

Interview

In person interview with the hiring manager. Very interactive with questions and detail on previous experience. It was not a formal process. Hiring manager did not have a copy of my resume, so I provided an actual copy.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on product management and compliance.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

-applied and received an email from HR probably 3 weeks later
    -phone interview with my manager since I wasn't in the state
    -was notified I got the job 2 weeks later
    -lots of paperwork followed but it was easy to understand, HR was very helpful and great at communicating

Interview Questions

• -do you have experience with access?
      -are you proficient in excel and word?
      -why should I pick you?
      -tell me about yourself
      -what do you hope to get out of this internship?
      -how did you hear about us?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on year in school supposedly

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was divided in three parts. The first was a fizzbuzz coding challenge, then behavioral questions, then questions regarding your resume. If you did not pass the first part, you were asked to leave as I saw for others. I honestly did not agree with the interview as I feel that the fizzbuzz test was more to trick you than anything else considering three people sit and watch you in silence. I ended up rejecting the offer as it was extremely low balled, and they've recently relocated to a much smaller office here in Atlanta so that must say something as well.

Interview Questions

• Which language are you most familiar with?   1 Answer