First Data Merchant Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Data Merchant Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.7

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interview

A recruiter will contact you and ask you if you are still interested in the position. If yes, you will be scheduled for a personal interview with two managers, who will then show you around the floor. You will sit in with another help desk employee while they handle a call. If you are still interested, they will schedule you for a date to in process into the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for First Data?
      Why should we hire you?
      What are some of your weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Many different interviews over a period of a few weeks that all asked the exact same questions over and over and that included a face to face. The process was very long and tedious.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in the future and moving up in the company   Answer Question

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Hagerstown, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was not difficult. I was called in for an interview. I went to the interview and was interviewed by two managers. The questions were your normal questions and they gave a brief over view of the job duties and what hours and days you would be required to work.

Interview Questions

• The questions were directed specifically to the job. Very personable and easy to talk with. The overall experience was good. They were easy to work with.   Answer Question

PACT Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I had one Phone interview, followed by one face to face interview about 2 weeks later, followed by a background check and a drug test after I accepted their job offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked for me to explain my previous experiences with other companies   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Melville, NY).

Interview

Excellent two rounds of interview with knowledgeable and experienced managers who knew what they were asking and not reading questions of a downloaded list. Questions focused on skill set of a staff auditor and interviewers were friendly to make you comfortable during the process.

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interview

quick and to the point. The focus was on how I could contribute to the business. Met with the department manager first, then the technical manager was brought in.

Interview Questions

• How did I apply my IT skills to solve a business problem   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went to the open house interview and was pleasantly welcomed by the interviewer and some of the other employees. I was taken on a tour of the facility and shown the area I'd be working in if hired.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience? How would my current or previous employer describe me? How do I handle rejection?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (West Palm Beach, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews with Human Resources and Regional Sales Manager. I then met the Regional Vice President of Sales for an in person interview. The hiring process took a lot longer that expected.

Interview Questions

• What were your sales numbers like at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Melville, NY).

Interview

Interviews were done over the telephone, which was not something First Data typically does. They wanted to see how you current skills sets fit into the role that I was applying for. There was a lot of back and forth discussions that were good and allowed me to elaborate on why I would by a goof fit for the position

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but they did offer a salary amount that was higher than the base offering.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Data Merchant Services (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Applied on line and was called by a recruiter who invited me to a job fair the next day. The job fair was onsite at the Marietta call center. I was met at the front door and interviewed with one manager who was charged with giving me the pass to a second interview. I was called 2 days later to come in for second interview scheduled for the next day. Interviewed with director and then received call a few days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base is $10 an hour with a $1500 month nonrecoverable draw for the first 3 months.