First Databank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Databank Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Databank

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at First Databank.

Interview

3 rounds: telephonic, face to face, written test which was multiple choice and was tough as compared to written tests in other companies. f 2 f was video conference a a a a a aa a a a aa

Interview Questions

• what encourages you to come to work each morning   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at First Databank (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Hired through a recruiting agency for a contract position. Hired me f/t after 9 months.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just interested to know that what I was doing was similar to what they were needing done. It had felt like they had already made their mind up to hire me before I showed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was either I accepted the position at the current offered pay, else be laid off with the rest of the contractors, and have someone else be offered the position. I found myself rather lucky.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Databank (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was well-managed, efficient, and straightforward. Began with a 30-minute phone screen with the delightful HR recruiter (I honestly didn't do so well here, and didn't think I would progress to the next step on the process!). Surprisingly, received an email for writing samples, (sent those along), and was contacted almost immediately a day later by the manager of communications. This phone interview was casual, and went really smoothly. I was contacted for a third in-person interview. Spoke with the Director of Customer Communications (a smart, well-spoken individual that I regard highly), and the Tech Writer team in Indy (great group). Interview went smoothly, and they created a sense of excitement for me to want to join the team.

A week later, I got the offer. I am now a happy, HAPPY employee of First Databank and have snagged my dream job!

Interview Questions

• "Can you give me an example of a relational database?"   4 Answers

Negotiation

No, and I was offered more than what I asked!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Databank (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewers were most concerned with candidates fitting into the unique culture. They thought the culture was very unique, but it wasn't. Great culture, but not unique. The panel interviewers were all long-term employees who were not aware that other companies stressed the same work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handle working with Millennials.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Databank (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Via head hunter I was able to get a phone interview with the hiring manager with a list of techncial questions. After a week later, my head hunter pushed to a personal interview for me due to my other pending offer. I was able to get a on site interview.
    I met with HR and talk about the position and during our conversation we have to switch room due to some issues. Then I have interview with 2 managers and 1 manager dial in remotely and was late for 30 minutes.
    The interview was about 1 hour and it is completely technical interview with both verbal and written test.
    I was exhausted.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with peer if they disagree with your design   2 Answers
    • give you few tables and ask you to link them logically by hand.   Answer Question