First Databank Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Databank

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Databank (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was well-managed, efficient, and straightforward. Began with a 30-minute phone screen with the delightful HR recruiter (I honestly didn't do so well here, and didn't think I would progress to the next step on the process!). Surprisingly, received an email for writing samples, (sent those along), and was contacted almost immediately a day later by the manager of communications. This phone interview was casual, and went really smoothly. I was contacted for a third in-person interview. Spoke with the Director of Customer Communications (a smart, well-spoken individual that I regard highly), and the Tech Writer team in Indy (great group). Interview went smoothly, and they created a sense of excitement for me to want to join the team.

A week later, I got the offer. I am now a happy, HAPPY employee of First Databank and have snagged my dream job!

Interview Questions

• "Can you give me an example of a relational database?"   4 Answers

Negotiation

No, and I was offered more than what I asked!

Senior Systems Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Databank (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Via head hunter I was able to get a phone interview with the hiring manager with a list of techncial questions. After a week later, my head hunter pushed to a personal interview for me due to my other pending offer. I was able to get a on site interview.
    I met with HR and talk about the position and during our conversation we have to switch room due to some issues. Then I have interview with 2 managers and 1 manager dial in remotely and was late for 30 minutes.
    The interview was about 1 hour and it is completely technical interview with both verbal and written test.
    I was exhausted.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with peer if they disagree with your design   2 Answers
    • give you few tables and ask you to link them logically by hand.   Answer Question