First Derivatives Financial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Derivatives Financial Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.6

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HQ based out of Ireland. This was followed by a further call and a Skype interview. Initial screening went over CV and information related to the company, further interviews went into details about the programs offered, how they are structured and other specifics. Final call prior to decision recapitulated CV overview along with information related to the company, plus some extra details regarding the position itself. Have finished process and currently waiting on final decision for my application.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the Capital Markets Training Programme in detail   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Derivatives

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in April 2016.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. The phone interviews were similar in content, the second one was from someone who seemed higher in the company but i couldn't tell for sure. Asked questions about education history and familiarity with the company. Specifically wanted to see if I knew the names of some of the products offered by the company. Also asked me to define a few basic financial terms.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives.

Interview

Phone interview followed by face to face interview in Newry HQ. Process involved two separate HR interviews which consisted of extremely similar questions, which I found a bit odd. Basic behavioural and competency based questions. Was followed by group sales pitch to HR professionals and then ended with a numerical test.

Financial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in December 2016.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Derivatives in December 2016.
    Interview
    I had an initial phone screening with a relatively friendly interviewer who asked me some questions about my resume. That being said, my initial phone screening seemed to ask for more confirmations about my resume and less about my full background. The main topic was the capital markets training program.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Financial Engineer Interview

Interview

Submission of CV and a 15 minute telephone interview basically asking standard questions about my CV and the role, along with questions regarding eligibility and my availability. The next part was an invitation to an assessment centre.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives (Lancaster, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a skype interview. It was mostly a screaning process. They asked me questions about my background, education and professional experience, my knowledge on the company, what I knew about their software, module I took in the past that were relevant

Interview Questions

• What modules have you had in your studies that are relevant to the role?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our software?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a situation where you had to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online and then got the email from HR. They arranged a phone interview for me. The interview took only about 20 minutes and was more focused on my knowledge of this company.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview that lasted around 10 minutes.

I then had a face to face interview. My interview took place in the Newry office. I started with a written Logic Test , I then did a presentation about the company in a team , followed by two ten minute interviews with HR.

Interview Questions

• What Leaving Cert subjects did you do?
      What course in college are you doing/ what subjects, ect.
      What hobbies do you have?
      Are you interested in travelling with the company?
      Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted a CV online, really simple and I got contacted a few days after. I was invited to their assessment centre in Newry. This entailed a logic test, a group exercise and two face to face interviews. The logic test was very difficult and impossible to prepare for. The group exercise was challenging and required good knowledge of First Derivatives and its services. The interviews were more like informal chats.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Relatively informal and conversational. The interview was asking the basic questions of Strengths, weaknesses and why you want to work at First Derivatives.
    There was a logic test after the interview which is harder than expected. You are given 40mins to complete 12 questions

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about First Derivatives software programs?
      Q: Tell me about a time you have conflict within a team and how did you resolve it?
      Q: What made you apply for First Derivatives, and why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question