First Derivatives Financial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives.

Interview

One logical test and two face to face interviews with HR representatives. Process was just under 2 hours long, and had received an offer within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about First Derivatives - important to learn about both consulting and product sides of the business. Any recently acquired companies/big product sales announced to market. Publicly listed company so news can be found readily online   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for First Derivatives

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives in July 2017.

Interview

They ask you to call them to schedule a phone interview and tell you to study specific parts of the website and company. Will ask primarily questions to judge how well you know First Derivatives. Didn't ask situational questions. I didn't get further than that.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me what does position does.   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you like most about this program?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why are you interested in the Financial Engineer position as opposed to the technical/programming positions?   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HQ based out of Ireland. This was followed by a further call and a Skype interview. Initial screening went over CV and information related to the company, further interviews went into details about the programs offered, how they are structured and other specifics. Final call prior to decision recapitulated CV overview along with information related to the company, plus some extra details regarding the position itself. Have finished process and currently waiting on final decision for my application.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the Capital Markets Training Programme in detail   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in April 2016.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. The phone interviews were similar in content, the second one was from someone who seemed higher in the company but i couldn't tell for sure. Asked questions about education history and familiarity with the company. Specifically wanted to see if I knew the names of some of the products offered by the company. Also asked me to define a few basic financial terms.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

I had an initial 20 minute phone call with HR to review my CV. Then when called for a face-to-face there were two 15 minute meetings discussing my CV, my goals, and my knowledge of the company. Then we had to prepare a short presentation, and finally ended with a 45-min logic test.

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent news item you are aware of regarding First derivatives?   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives.

Interview

Positive so far. About to have a skype interview. First round was a telephone which went off smoothly and lasted for a brief 15 mins mainly asking questions about what I knew about FD and some of their programs such as the CMTP. HR was really friendly. Overall, phone interview was positive.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- Telephone interview from Ireland
    - Flowchart logic test + F2F Interview

Interviewer did not help set and guide the interview, and was not nice throughout. The purpose of the interviewer is to best figure out whether the interviewee is a good fit for the role. The way the interview was conducted was sure to deter many good candidates.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about yourself/resume.
      - Know what the company does.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for job and had a telephone interview a few days later, interview was mainly focused on what I knew about the company and their systems,plus a few standard questions like when I'd be able to start

Interview Questions

• Tell us a few modules you studied at uni which make you suitable for this role   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

First there was a basic interview which was straightforward. They just asked a few basic questions such as what do you know about First Derivatives. The second interview involved an assessment in Newry. This consisted of a strange group exercises and two short face to face interviews. These interviews were similar to the phone interviews.

Financial Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth interview, all of the questions were standard interview questions. It didn't last too long and can be easily prepared for with all of the documents they send and through their website.

Interview Questions

• Which courses have you studied that you think will help you with this role?   Answer Question