First Derivatives US Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

US Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Derivatives in May 2012.

Interview

First derivatives often came to Cambridge university because they stressed strong academics in their employees. They were always very eager to get recruits, probably because they have such a high turnover. I applied online and within a week received an automated email. The email asked the same set of questions that was asked when you applied online (ie. 2:1 grades, A in A-levels, right to work). If you wanted the phone interview, then you reply with an email to the HR person. This makes me thinks that they just contact everyone who applies. I emailed back asking for a phone interview and the HR person scheduled a time.

On the day of the interview, there was no call. I called them, no one picked up. I emailed them, and no one replied. All I got was another automated email asking for me to fill in details about my religion to meet some kind of fair applicant assessment law. I have interviewed at many other financial firms and have NEVER encountered anything like this before! Unprofessional to say the least... I wonder how they treat their clients. Don't waste your time applying.

Interview Questions