First Direct Lending Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at First Direct Lending

2.6

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was responsible for making sure loans are priced out and with the correct investor based on the qualifications. Once this is done I speak with UW to make sure we are on the same page and then present the file back to sales. This is done continuously throughout the day.

Mortgage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Doral, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

in a conference room with five other applicants being interviewed by eight company member in a video conference. The worst interview experience ever and I felt that no one on this company actually had the skill to make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• there was no real personal questions because so many were involved. Quite a stupid format actually   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a very good experience. The manager I interviewed with was very upfront and honest. I have been interviewing for the past few weeks with many other companies and this by far was the best one of all. The way they conduct the interview makes you feel very at ease and just shows what type of company they are. The manger reviewed my resume, asked me questions that pertained to the specific position and at the end he gave me a scenario to pitch to him to make sure I could present this type of product being its the meat of there business.

Interview Questions

• My experience with certain type of loans   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I first interviewed with First Direct Lending (FDL) in September of 2015. I was very impressed by their presentation and was offered an MLO position and accepted it. In the 11th hour however a recruiter from another company persuaded me to go with the company he represented. Their offer was too good to pass up and was closer to my home so I accepted. I apologized to Tee Leang (head recruiter at FDL) for first accepting their offer and then declining just two days before I was too start. Tee was more than understanding, wished me the best, and said I was always welcome back.

The other office turned out to be nothing that I was promised. I reached out to Tee in January of 2016 and asked that if FDL was hiring, I’d like another shot. Tee was happy to hear from me, held no bad blood between us, and quickly set up an interview. The second interview at FDL with Dan Leanna went great, the company looked to be thriving, and I accepted their offer this time with no thoughts of being persuaded by another recruiter. Prior to my second interview at FDL, I’d taken multiple interviews with other companies to see where the market was for new hires. I received multiple offers and FDL’s offer was on par or better with other offers. Both Tee and Dan were professional and refreshingly human. I felt that they honestly told me the good and bad about FDL and did not come off as corporate clones reciting lines from a best-selling book on how to close the deal. I'm going into this new venture optimistic about my future with FDL.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with manager and got a tour, watched a video on the company and learned about the owners other companies. Manager asked questions about experience and also did a bit of role playing.

Interview Questions

• ask about experience and how to deal with this cliental   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

my interview was great. Made m feel comfortable from the start. Have nothing negative to say about the process at all. Would recommend the process to anyone. Have never had a better process before

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pleasant

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview relies on your sales ability and your background in the mortgage industry. At the time I interviewed, you had to have at least 1 license to talk and negotiates rates and terms in regards to mortgages. Process was quick and easy, and the staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who is complaining about fees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview with a few managers in the meeting. Quick walk through of the office with recruiter. They take a picture in the reception area when you are first welcomed, which I found a little strange since had not yet even received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to interview with their company over others?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Direct Lending in May 2016.

Interview

Short and clear and to the point. This company knows exactly what they are looking for. Interview was smooth and went great. Was treated very hospitable and was offered coffee and drinks before we started.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great loan officer?   1 Answer

Shipper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Direct Lending (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The day after submitting my resume, I received a phone call from HR scheduling an interview for the upcoming Monday. I took a pre-employment assessment online a few days before my interview. The assessment was sent to me via email. It did take me a little longer than the website estimated, but it was fairly simple. Within about a day, I had a call back offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my previous positions, of course. He also asked about my comfort level using multiple computer systems.   Answer Question