First Investors Corporation Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Investors Corporation Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.1

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

You are first brought to headquarters and shown a Powerpoint presentation where staff introduces you to the company, the values, and what is expected of you in this position, before you are led to an interview with a manager in an office. The interview was relaxed, with standard interview questions. You have a chance at the end to bring up personal qualities that may not necessarily be reflected in the resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Short ten minute interview, focused mostly on talking about myself. I was not called back for a 2nd interview. I showed up 15 minutes late as I didn't even apply for the position yet I got called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, just looked at to talk about myself.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2014.

Interview

In order for the word to be out, it must really let you know about the process. Then it will be ready to be going and it will be good. However, you will be good. It is not difficult.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

First interview is a group interview/ company presentation with about 10 other people that will last over an hour. Then after the presentation they pull you out one by one for a one-on-one interview with a senior manager mean while you wait you are stuck making small talk with about 9 other college-grad hopefuls.

After a few basic questions about your resume and personal attributes they ask you who you know that you would feel comfortable approaching to sell insurance to and what type of marketing plan you can come up with that will help you succeed. I was asked to come back for a second interview the next day but when I asked if there was any other available dates I was immediately told I would be contacted if they still wanted me to come in at a later date. A month later I got a call to come back. But at that point I had moved on.

Interview Questions

• What past experience or personal quality will help you be successful in this type of working environment?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Went in to a career fair, handed in my resume, and was contacted a few days later to come in for an "interview." It was just a meeting with other potential interns to talk about the company and what it does.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I have only had a phone interview and am seeking another interview in person.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

Interview

the first phone meeting is a get to know you 5 minute conversation. it was a waste of time. The second phone interview is with the regional manager and as long as you know what your talking about and can make them laugh you will move on to the in office interviews. your first in office interview is going over the basics of the position and getting to know you and the office. they will have you make a business plan for your final interview if you move on.

Interview Questions

• how are you going to get in front of clients and get money.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (North Haven, CT) in December 2012.

Interview

The first step in the process is receiving a phone call from a regional recruiter and they ask you very general questions- Do you know what kind of responsibilities this job has? Are you willing to work on commission? And other very general questions. If you just say yes and understand the position he/she will give you a positive review and recommend you for a one on one interview with the branch manager. Once you interview with the branch manger they ask about your school experience if you are right out of college or your work history, But most importantly they ask about your business network that you have and could build upon once you have the position. They want you to be able to show that you have the possibility to gain investors before you start. Once this interview concludes they will narrow down the applicant pool to a select few. If you make it past this stage they bring you out usually to lunch or dinner with the branch manager and another financial advisor who has already been there for a few years. You are told you can bring a parent/girlfriend/boyfriend/aunt/uncle or whoever if you so desire because at this point they want to make sure that the job is a fit for both you and the company. For me an offer followed this stage within just a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

They bring in a number of candidates for a 5-10 person group "interview". It is not at all an interview. The manager comes into the room and talks about the company, the industry, and the position for about an hour or so, asking questions along the way. When he is finished, another interviewer will take you each out one by one and ask if you have any questions. Each person spends only a minute or two with the second interviewer. He or she asks little to no questions. They will then review your resume and application again and get back to you within a week and let you know if they would like you to come in for the second interview (one on one this time.)

Interview Questions

• Why does First Investors target the middle class as their primary customer base?   1 Answer