First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Their are 2 group interviews. The first one they talked about what the company does and how it works. Then they call you back for a 1-1 for about an hour. They talk about your resume and experiences. The 2nd interview you start out in a group again and go more in depth about the company. Then you once again go for a 1-1 with a different employee. They ask behavioral questions and more personal questions about your past experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

group interview then a quick one on one interview. After that if everything went well they call you back to schedule an one on one interview with vice president. All they really care about is how and to whom your going to sell financial products ( mostly life insurance)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Began with a group interview that lasted around an hour. Very informative, lead by good manager. Then broke off into one on one interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. Overall good experience. Was asked to return for second interview but it wasn't for me. Appeared to be very difficult to start your business and expect you to sell to friends and family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day about coming in for an interview. First interview was a group interview detailing the job and the company, followed by a quick 3 question one on one interview where I was told they wanted me to come in for a second interview the following day. The second interview was again a group interview/info session explaining more about the position, such as a typical week and how commissions/pay worked and then another one on one interview. In the first interview, I was asked to come up with a sales/marketing strategy for finding clients that I presented the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about dedication to the firm/job and about having a strong work ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

group interview, 2 rounds, did not ask many questions, mainly sold the company to you. did not explain some parts of the job, benefits, pay very well. do not inform you that it is a group interview until you get there.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

One group interview to start, then you are offered a "final round" interview. I asked if everyone was accepted to the final round, and they admitted that almost everyone was. I went to final round interviews and they had an hour or more long info session, along with three interview questions asked throughout.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started out at campus recruitment in a room with 5 other people. Heard about the company for 45 minutes then talked one on one for 5 minutes. The second part of the interview was at the location that you are going to work in. It was a smaller group but again we heard about the training process and compensation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called up a day before to come in for a group interview. Pretty standard; listened to a description about the the company for about 40-50 minutes, then split off and had one-on-ones. Asked me to come back the next day with some marketing strategies.

Came back for a second interview the next day. Same deal except less people in the initial presentation. This is where they went into more detail about how the position was structured and how you would be making commissions. Followed by another one-on-one. Whole process about an hour and half.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. After the first, they will invite you back a week later for a second interview. Easy interviews. Lots of "softball" questions.They spend more time pitching you on the company than evaluating your abilities. If you don't completely fail the interview, they will make you an offer. If you can't get hired here, good luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

First part of the interview was in a room with three other people. Manager talked for about an hour about the company and our role, it's history and what to expect. Also he emphasized about how they were part of the community and very old fashioned and went door to door. Then took us in for a 5 minute interview. Was called in for a second interview and ask to bring a list with first 10 potential clients.