First Investors Corporation Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Investors Corporation Intern Interview Questions

2.0

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

The interviewer asked mostly questions about getting to know me and my aspirations in finance. All behavioral, and asked follow-ups to sniff out any false interest one might have in the finance field.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

Group Interview - everyone gets offer. Sit in a room where the regional manager explains everything about the firm and then asks questions based on firms history. Don't need to know anything and the only real thing asked is availability. Don't learn much over the semester internship, but apparently the summer program is slightly better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this firm starting in the year after the great depression was a big deal?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

was recruited at a job fair on campus. First was a telephone interview followed by an in person interview. Both interviews were standard. Need to show strong interest in financial markets and wealth management.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a presentation about what the company was about. After that they asked us general questions about ourselves to break the ice. Later they talked about what the internship was going to be like. After the interview, they told us that they will get back to us around a week or so by email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Pasadena, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Intern is unpaid. I turned in my resume to a representative at a career fair in my school. Got an email around 1 month later to an interview. On the interview day, the Assistance Vice President gave us (a group of 10 people) a presentation on the background of the company and how they do business with clients. After the presentation, we had one on one interview. This career path is not something for everyone.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that make you qualify for this position?
      What is your response if we call you back and offer you the position?
      Why are you interested in financial service industry?
      Answer Question

Not the career path that I want.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with the branch managers who were acting as recruiters at an on-campus career fair. Handed them a resume and got an interview time. Later in the week I attended an introduction presentation, filled out an application, and did a 1-on-1 interview with one of the men. A few days I received a phone call from them asking a couple more questions and then was offered the summer intern position.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when I had to work for a bad manager and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Woodbridge, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews, both were done in a group. The first interview one of the managers came in and put on a short video explaining what the company does and its values, beliefs, etc. Next, the 2 different types of internships they offer were broken down, explaining what would be required of us if we were hired. Then, the group was informed that everyone still interested was invited back for a 2nd interview. During the second interview we were asked questions like where we go to school and why we'd be an asset to the company. Upon leaving the 2nd interview an offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Tampa, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online with the career center of USF and I got the interview. I went to their office with another 8 people, which we all had a information session with the supervisor, which he said he would take a look at the resumes and the applications forms and would call us back. After 2 to 3 weeks he called me and had a 5 minutes phone interview.