First Midwest Bank Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Midwest Bank Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank.

Interview

On campus interviews followed by round robin interviews with bankers followed by interviewed by management team you would work for. Fairly easy with behavioral questions and fairly easy with position specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a balance sheet and income statement.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Midwest Bank

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Overall, a positive experience for someone entering the workplace. It started out with a phone interview with a credit manager, and a skills test. The next step was interviewing at Itasca, IL the corporate headquarters. The interview process was very typical for the number of candiadates interviewing for a specific number of positions. It started off with a presentation, then rotation of 1:1 interviews, followed up with a group lunch to chat with credit analysts who are working their way through the program.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where working within a team you had a disagreement. How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Itasca, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial phone interview with the internal recruiter just consisting of basic questions about my work and school experience. She was just looking to see if I would be a good fit. The second phone interview was with a potential direct manager. These questions were much more geared toward banking and finance. Basic questions like, "what's the different between a balance sheet and an income statement"; "explain what seasonality is". The final stage was a round robin interview with 3 separate 30 minute interviews that focus on how you have reacted in situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• Explain seasonality and how that would affect a business and your lending decision.   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to see on the balance sheet of a manufactuing company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a ton of room for negotiations, as there is a set range for the position. This is an entry-level position, but they tell you that the placement is close to where you live, but in fact you could be commuting to the north suburbs if you live in the city. This is a suburban bank.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank in November 2010.

Interview

I got the first round interview through University Career website, the first round interview was mostly behavioral questions, so just have as many examples as possible, and take your time to answer the questions. The interviewer was very friendly, and took a lot of time to answer my questions. It took them about couple weeks to get back to me about the second round interview, and after second round, it took them more than a month to notify me if I got the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between income statement and balance sheet?   Answer Question