First National Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at First National Bank of America

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First National Bank of America (East Lansing, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was very basic. It was just a friendly conversation about your wants, likes and dislikes about work and work experience. Asked about goals and desires. I felt it was more personality based to be sure you'd fit into the company since it's a very family oriented work environment and they want to keep that family feel.

Interview Questions

Loan Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First National Bank of America (East Lansing, MI) in May 2007.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different people: the manager of the credit services department, the supervisor of the credit services department, and then the floor supervisor. All three basically just gave me the run-down of the job, asked me if I would be able to handle a very monotonous job, and then gave general situations such as "If a customer told you they couldn't pay but you knew they had to by the end of the month, how would you handle the situation?" As long as you prove that you are a leader and able to put your foot down and be customer service oriented yet strong-willed and give "tough love," you'll be fine. The people interviewing were a little intimidating. Besides the face-to-face interviews, they give you a timed skill assessment that tests your grammar and basic math skills, and then a personality assessment that is easy to pass.

Interview Questions

• A customer gives you a reason for why they cannot pay (i.e., they are ill, they are on a fixed income, they had a tragic death in the family). How do you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing really to negotiate. The pay is $10/hour, no raises. They start you off at around 25 hours a week and reward your hard work with more hours. I easily was upgraded to 40.