First National Bank of Omaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.7

Analyst II/Appraisal Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very casual, and the questions were logical and open ended. The interviewer was very friendly and professional, and made me feel like a valuable candidate for the job. I would rate the interview process as excellent.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and then interviewed directly with my manager. It was fairly straight forward and relatively easy. Everyone at First National Bank is nice and not too intimidating.

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website and received an email back for an online assessment within the week. Once that was completed I was invited for a face to face interview a few days later with two managers in the room. It was about a 30 min interview, explaining what the role was about, and then basic questions were asked from a sheet as they wrote down my answers. At the end of the interview, they said I would hear back once they made a decision in the next day or two, but an hour after the interview I received a call from HR offering me the position.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call for an in person interview, went in and was asked questions from 3 printed pages online. Received a call for another interview with employees where I was asked what I thought of actors. After a few weeks I took a drug test and background check, being offered the position.

I ended up declining due to the nature of the organization and their intolerance for liberal thinking and acting. If you have all the time in the world, like talking about actors, this is the job for you!

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Loveland, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website. Did a walk in informational interview with a mortgage loan officer and found mentioned this role, go the hiring managers name and phone number. Called and left a message. Then the recruiter emailed me for an interview. First interview was a basic behavioral based Q/A. I should hear by the end of this week if I'll make it to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• 5-6 basic get to know me behavioral interview questions. If you haven't, research these on the web, write out and practice them out loud before your interview.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Similar to what the other posts have stated: first round is a video interview with basic screening questions, second round interview is with an HR representative that asking questions about your resume and a few behavioral questions, third interview is with another HR representative that is also a talent manager and they ask you to build a box and then describe why you built it the way you did. Fourth and final round of interviews is in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why did you pick your school/major?
      Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult team.
      Why first national bank?
      Why management trainee program?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Lincoln, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and applied online. I received a quick response to schedule an interview (within 2 days of applying). I interviewed in person with three individuals, one person who conducted the interview and two who just sat there and maybe said two words the entire time. I was more than qualified for the position and thought the interview was going very well. I expected them to say they still had other candidates to interview, which they did; however, I did not expect them to say "we have a candidate that we still have to interview but won't be able to for more than 3 more weeks because she's moving here from Michigan." I knew right then and there I would not be selected for the position!

Interview Questions

• If you woke up one day and everything was black, you couldn't see, what would you do?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (New York, NY).

Interview

There's 2-3 interviews. 1 video interview, 1-2 in-person interviews. The video interview is simple and is only 5 basic questions. Then you meet with HR, then you meet with higher-ups.

Interview Questions

• The video interview is simple questions ie tell me about yourself, why did you choose this company, why did you choose this program, etc   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

There is an online video interview section where you record your answers, followed by multiple in person interviews. The first in person one is about 45 minutes and covers experiences and how you have handled certain scenarios. The second one it was half an hour and is similar, but more in depth and more intense. The final round is a panel if you make it that far. The two one on one rounds are very relaxed as they are trying to figure out the kind of person you are and if you would be a good fit within the company.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied, and about a week later got a call from the HR woman asking me to come in for an interview. It was a laid back interview, and it went really well. However, I got a call later telling me that they thought I would be perfect for the job but they need someone to be full time. She then had me interview for a different branch at which I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?   1 Answer