First National Bank of Omaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Loveland, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website. Did a walk in informational interview with a mortgage loan officer and found mentioned this role, go the hiring managers name and phone number. Called and left a message. Then the recruiter emailed me for an interview. First interview was a basic behavioral based Q/A. I should hear by the end of this week if I'll make it to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• 5-6 basic get to know me behavioral interview questions. If you haven't, research these on the web, write out and practice them out loud before your interview.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Similar to what the other posts have stated: first round is a video interview with basic screening questions, second round interview is with an HR representative that asking questions about your resume and a few behavioral questions, third interview is with another HR representative that is also a talent manager and they ask you to build a box and then describe why you built it the way you did. Fourth and final round of interviews is in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why did you pick your school/major?
      Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult team.
      Why first national bank?
      Why management trainee program?
      Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Lincoln, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and applied online. I received a quick response to schedule an interview (within 2 days of applying). I interviewed in person with three individuals, one person who conducted the interview and two who just sat there and maybe said two words the entire time. I was more than qualified for the position and thought the interview was going very well. I expected them to say they still had other candidates to interview, which they did; however, I did not expect them to say "we have a candidate that we still have to interview but won't be able to for more than 3 more weeks because she's moving here from Michigan." I knew right then and there I would not be selected for the position!

Interview Questions

• If you woke up one day and everything was black, you couldn't see, what would you do?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (New York, NY).

Interview

There's 2-3 interviews. 1 video interview, 1-2 in-person interviews. The video interview is simple and is only 5 basic questions. Then you meet with HR, then you meet with higher-ups.

Interview Questions

• The video interview is simple questions ie tell me about yourself, why did you choose this company, why did you choose this program, etc   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

There is an online video interview section where you record your answers, followed by multiple in person interviews. The first in person one is about 45 minutes and covers experiences and how you have handled certain scenarios. The second one it was half an hour and is similar, but more in depth and more intense. The final round is a panel if you make it that far. The two one on one rounds are very relaxed as they are trying to figure out the kind of person you are and if you would be a good fit within the company.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied, and about a week later got a call from the HR woman asking me to come in for an interview. It was a laid back interview, and it went really well. However, I got a call later telling me that they thought I would be perfect for the job but they need someone to be full time. She then had me interview for a different branch at which I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?   1 Answer

Consumer Banking Interview

Application

Interview

Scheduled an interview date with HR. Heard back two weeks later that I had recieved the internship. The interview revolved around past experience, current school work, and just general get-to-know you questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences in relation to the banking or finance fields?   1 Answer

Senior Specialist Fraud Investigations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on our intranet, got a phone call from HR to set interview time, had one interview, got an offer from HR, negotiated salary, and then accepted position. The process was very easy going through.

Management Trainee - Decision Sciences Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

1st - Video interview from home. Basic interview questions with one technical question.
    2nd - live video interview with human resources
    3rd and 4th - on-site interviews with management and program supervisors

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First National Bank of Omaha (DeKalb, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. They just wanted to get to know you, your background, and what you knew about the banks history. It was more informal then most interviews and the process was quick.