First New York Securities LLC Assistant Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First New York Securities LLC Assistant Trader Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at First New York Securities LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First New York Securities LLC (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The process wasn't too time consuming. I submitted an online application. Through networking, I secured an interview. If I hadn't done that, who knows how long it would have taken to get an interview. The interviewer was courteous and didn't try to kill me with tough questions. It was a cordial interaction and was roughly one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that I wouldn't know just by looking at your resume.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for First New York Securities LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First New York Securities LLC (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process was not difficult until the 1:1 interview with a senior trader. He asked a series of difficulty questions in which the right answer was not obvious. They were more aimed to put me on edge, rather than assess technical skills. Personality questions were abundant, including scales 1-10.
    Nice interviewer, but difficult questions and rather abrupt exit.

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?   1 Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First New York Securities LLC in December 2009.

Interview

Interview focuses on interest in and personal experience with trading, overcoming failure, and managing risk. Strong interest in financial markets is a must. For example, give examples of trades in personal account; will then need to be able to defend why you chose to do xyz - no right answer but looking for analytical mindset with a clear defined system in place for making decisions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to defend past trades you have made against a panel of experienced traders. What was your rationale behind it, how did you measure the risk of your trade, what was your entry and exit strategy, what did you learn etc?   Answer Question