First Niagara Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Niagara Financial Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (West Haven, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interviews
    Brokerage Manager Interview 2:1
    Banking Center Manager & FA
    The first 2 interviews went great, The Branch Manager/FA interview was not so great. When you are told the training is horrible you kinda get deterred.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a person who wanted to do a phone interview. We agreed on a time and had the interview. The HR person did change the interview time the Friday before the interview. Then when the HR person called me, she asked if it was still a good time for the interview.

Some of the interview parts was ask about resume, what I have been doing? Where do I see myself down the road, past salary history). Shockley didn't ask me about what I did know about the FNG which I had my information all ready for that.

At the end HR person said I would hear back from them within the next week. I received an email saying I did not get an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your past job? Where do you see yourself down the road?   Answer Question

L&D Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

The internal candidates do not get updates on applications from HR. Even with prompt, courteous, and continuous inquiries from the applicants the HR reps will not get back to the individuals, even to simply say "we are still reviewing" or "you are not qualified". There is such a lack of communication it is shameful. Also, when applying for positions, it is secretive as to "what you actually do". Hiring managers will say your day to day varies and not give you specifics on what you'll actually be doing if hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are qualified to receive compensation at this level when you currently do not make this amount?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

Applied for a bunch of jobs online. 6 months later I got a call from HR asking to setup an interview. I had no idea what job I was interviewing for. We set up a mutually convenient time.

The day came and the HR woman called almost 90 minutes after the agreed upon time. She seemed uncouth and rushed. Asked me very standard questions and cut me off during short explanations.

I was glad I didnt get the offer as I would have turned it down anyways.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just a difficult and tardy interviewer.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cohoes, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Cohoes, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a strong phone interview with HR in Buffalo over the phone. I was told the Regional Sales Mgr would call me at a certain date and time. He failed to call, and I followed up with HR to reschedule. He again failed to call on the second scheduled date and time. Then the HR called me with a third appointment. A Regional Sales Mgr called me from the wrong region, apologized, and since then, HR has yet to respond to my email.

Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was nice but quite disorganized and expressed that she was hurried. We talked a lot about things like the weather to begin with to the point where I'm not sure how she would have been able to discern my capabilities to do the job or not. Not sure if this is standard or what. Recruiter said she would follow up with my status, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience related to this position.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview took so long because of scheduling difficulties with scheduling. Phone interview with recruiter, then regional manager, then face-to-face with financial consultant and branch manager together as a group. Interview was very relaxed and conversational.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Chicopee, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

It was ok. Had a really good meet and greet with the mgr. of the bank but wasnt hired. He then told me to go to another branch and apply which I did and went to ANOTHER interview and wasn't offered the job. What a waste of time and effort!!