First Niagara Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Niagara Financial Interview Questions

2.7

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Process was straight forward; spoke with HR represenative over the phone and set up the in person interview. After the interviews with several employees, HR contacted me to present and offer. I asked for two days to ponder the offer and then called the HR rep to decline.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as "What is your biggest fault / What do you need to improve on?"   1 Answer

Salary and benefits (tuition reimbursement, vacation etc.) low.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

All Behavioural Interview and Resume based interviews
    Applied on College career portal and got the screening call within a week. However, got the next round call only after 2 months as they freezed the hiring process for a while.
    1.) Firstly, HR Screening
    2.) Onsite interview with Hiring Managers
    3.) Onsite interview with higher management

Interview Questions

• Resume based questions and would you like to settle in Buffalo   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Lockport, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied to the job in September. In October I got a 1/2 hour phone screen that I thought went well. In November I had an in person interview. I interviewed with the head of the Project Management Office (PMO) and and a Project Manager that reported to her. Each interview was about 1 hour. They explained what the job was about . They spent more time talking about the job and I don't feel like l was asked that many questions. I feel like I really hit it off with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a 3 month trial contract position to see if it would work out. The contract rate was not negotiable. The contract included no benefits though I had access to buy them (at a high price). After 4 weeks as a contractor we mutually agreed to moving forward with converting me to a permanent employee. The salary offered was the same as the contract. I was told non-negotiable, as was the vacation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial in November 2009.

Interview

Met with branch managers. Pretty standard interview. Applied internally so not too formal.

Personal Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview took so long because of scheduling difficulties with scheduling. Phone interview with recruiter, then regional manager, then face-to-face with financial consultant and branch manager together as a group. Interview was very relaxed and conversational.

Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was nice but quite disorganized and expressed that she was hurried. We talked a lot about things like the weather to begin with to the point where I'm not sure how she would have been able to discern my capabilities to do the job or not. Not sure if this is standard or what. Recruiter said she would follow up with my status, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience related to this position.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Pottstown, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First a telephone interview which was extremely conversational and natural. Didn't feel pressured or nervous. Excellent HR interview and was far from scripted. Really allowed you to express yourself, experience, and what your future plans are. If you can build report and personality with HR during the phone interview the rest is a breeze. Then a face to face interview with he branch manager. Again very conversational not very scripted and they allowed you to ask questions and structured it more as "this is what you would be doing this is how you'll be doing it and this is how we all do things together" put you into the role and made you feel very successful about the interview process. Final step was a face to face interview with the area manager. Very short interview and mostly touched base on the same topics that the branch manager did. This was more of a personality judgement to give the branch manager an okay to hire. Last about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unable to please a customer, what you did to handle the situation, and what the end result was.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Chicopee, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

It was ok. Had a really good meet and greet with the mgr. of the bank but wasnt hired. He then told me to go to another branch and apply which I did and went to ANOTHER interview and wasn't offered the job. What a waste of time and effort!!

Head Teller Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial in November 2009.

Interview

Applied for the job through an internet posting. I was then called by HR recruiter and asked a short set of behavioral interview questions. After about 5-7 days received a call from the branch manager of the branch I had interviewed for and was called in for a 1:1. A few days after the interview, I was called by HR in which they extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult/irrate customer and how to did you overcome this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little to know negotiating for jobs such as tellers. For higher paying positions and management there is more of an opportunity to negotiate your wage.

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Interesting interview process. They had expanded upon the idea of speed dating and implemented it in their interview process. 5 minutes each with 6 interviewers. Each interviewer had a different tact/approach. So the questions would be radically different, such as 'Please walk me through your resume' from one interviewer would be followed by 'Which animal do you resume?' from another and so on and so forth.