First Niagara Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Niagara Financial Interview Questions

2.7

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Lockport, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The first meeting was set up by a staffing agency and was held in person at the company headquarters with one supervisor. We met in a small conference room and sat at table, the interview lasted about an hour. There was a second interview about a week later which was by conducted phone with a second supervisor.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned about my skills beyond basic accounting practices, specifically regarding advanced Excel spreadsheets.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

Great interview process. Spoke with HR person, scheduled interview with BM and RSM. Discussed position as well a career paths. Found this program is much more mature than its' peers. PFA, to Sr. PFA, to Junior FC, to FC is the potential career path. The first 3 positions listed are one's that you can reach by hitting higher production levels and you don't need to wait for any openings. The future is yours at FNFG.

Interview Questions

• What would the first 90 days in this position look like for you?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Pottstown, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First a telephone interview which was extremely conversational and natural. Didn't feel pressured or nervous. Excellent HR interview and was far from scripted. Really allowed you to express yourself, experience, and what your future plans are. If you can build report and personality with HR during the phone interview the rest is a breeze. Then a face to face interview with he branch manager. Again very conversational not very scripted and they allowed you to ask questions and structured it more as "this is what you would be doing this is how you'll be doing it and this is how we all do things together" put you into the role and made you feel very successful about the interview process. Final step was a face to face interview with the area manager. Very short interview and mostly touched base on the same topics that the branch manager did. This was more of a personality judgement to give the branch manager an okay to hire. Last about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unable to please a customer, what you did to handle the situation, and what the end result was.   Answer Question

Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (West Haven, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interviews
    Brokerage Manager Interview 2:1
    Banking Center Manager & FA
    The first 2 interviews went great, The Branch Manager/FA interview was not so great. When you are told the training is horrible you kinda get deterred.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

All Behavioural Interview and Resume based interviews
    Applied on College career portal and got the screening call within a week. However, got the next round call only after 2 months as they freezed the hiring process for a while.
    1.) Firstly, HR Screening
    2.) Onsite interview with Hiring Managers
    3.) Onsite interview with higher management

Interview Questions

• Resume based questions and would you like to settle in Buffalo   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a person who wanted to do a phone interview. We agreed on a time and had the interview. The HR person did change the interview time the Friday before the interview. Then when the HR person called me, she asked if it was still a good time for the interview.

Some of the interview parts was ask about resume, what I have been doing? Where do I see myself down the road, past salary history). Shockley didn't ask me about what I did know about the FNG which I had my information all ready for that.

At the end HR person said I would hear back from them within the next week. I received an email saying I did not get an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your past job? Where do you see yourself down the road?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial in June 2010.

Interview

They want to hear that you can refer and sell products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got a call from recruiting within a few days and discussed pay and starting date.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

I received a call from HR. HR then scheduled an appointment to have a phone interview. After the phone interview the HR representative then scheduled me to meet with the branch manager. After meeting with the branch manager i received the call from the HR representative about 2 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent you an offer contract with your wage and its either you accepted or declined.

L&D Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

The internal candidates do not get updates on applications from HR. Even with prompt, courteous, and continuous inquiries from the applicants the HR reps will not get back to the individuals, even to simply say "we are still reviewing" or "you are not qualified". There is such a lack of communication it is shameful. Also, when applying for positions, it is secretive as to "what you actually do". Hiring managers will say your day to day varies and not give you specifics on what you'll actually be doing if hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are qualified to receive compensation at this level when you currently do not make this amount?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

In the hiring process, you submit your application online (like any other company today). You will get a call from a recruiter in Buffalo who will do an initial phone screen with you. If the recruiter thinks you are a good fit, they will schedule you with a phone conversation (not so much an interview as a what-to-expect from this position call) with the regional sales representative. You will then have an interview with the local branch manager and the area financial adviser. If they approve, you'll have a formal interview with the regional sales manager. At that point, you'll go through due diligence from the broker/dealer before receiving an offer from the company. From application to starting date, the process took about 5 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. You must go into the interviews understanding this is a sales job and they're looking for someone that has and can continue to make sales.   Answer Question