First Quality Interview Questions in King of Prussia, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.7

At KOP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Got an initial email asking me to come in for an interview. Four interviews, about 30 minutes each, back-to-back. Got back to me within a week. Everyone was super nice and chill and the interview felt very organic.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for First Quality?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when things did not go your way/ according to plan and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from someone in HR. She didn't know what the salary was as they don't pass that info to her. I told her my range and if the higher ups were ok with that I would gladly come in. She promised to get back to me within two days. She honestly said that three times. I didn't hear back from her for over a week. I go to the interview for a face-to-face with two HR people. I am put in a room and wait 10 minutes before the girl I spoke with on the phone tells me there is an emergency. The HR person that is supposed to meet with me first can't be there and she is going to switch times with the other one for my interview. I wait ANOTHER 40 minutes alone in the room. Finally one HR person does come and she had no idea I was waiting that long for someone. We talk and the other HR with the emergency comes in. They switch off. At the end she tells me that no decision is being made until after the holidays. One HR person didn't have a card and the other one couldn't give me her email address since she didn't know it. I didn't hear anything back so I emailed twice to the phone interview HR person and once to the in person HR rep. I just asked for aby feedback on the status as this job is still posted on their website. I have heard nothing. No response at all. Very rude.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style when someone disagrees with you?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with an HR representative and a department manager. Then I was brought in for a 3 and a half hour interview with about 8 different people. Many of them repeated some of the same questions as the previous people. I thought the interview went well but I have not heard a word from them about a month later.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about how I would deal with trying to get people to change the way they operate the machines.   1 Answer

Maintenance Mechanic Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was called and asked about my abilities then scheduled to take 2 PAN assessment tests. Then scheduled for a mechanical test. After passing that you will have a job offer,physical,and background check. After passing those you are hired given a start date. Screening process is thorough. Took a few weeks for all to happen

Interview Questions

• Your passed work history and questions on your mechanical ability.schooling and training.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meet with 3 people separately..... 2 managers including direct report manager and a existing IT Project Manager. Focused on the values of the company and its success expanding its brand. Company is much larger than it seems when they discussed recent sales figures, expansion of product lines and manufacturing facilities. Company does produce a FDA regulated products so you need familiarity with GxP manufacturing process and regulations.

Interview Questions

• Explain the phases of project management. Describe the projects you have managed. Describe a issue that would have delayed project deliverables and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. HR screen, followed by two written personality tests. The HR screen was bizarre. All the guy kept talking about was how the company looks for the right personalities to fit their culture. I agree with this approach, but he went on and on about it for > 30 minutes. I hung up with the impression that First Quality was a bit like a cult.

Next, I had a phone interview with the person that would be my boss. Had a great conversation that ended with him saying he would bring me in for an on site interview the following week. Never heard from them again. Nothing. I emailed to try to follow up but no response.

Ironic how a firm that placed so much emphasis on their personality test doesn't have enough professionalism or personality themselves to inform candidates honestly on the process.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with a series of individuals who I would be working with closely on a regular basis. Pretty standard interview process. I met in one day, back-to-back. If your interview is like mine, you will go through what the job requires and your everyday tasks. You will have an opportunity to ask questions!

Interview Questions

• Are you able to manage multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone and in person interview. The people were very nice and friendly and answered all of my questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing was asked that I was not expecting. Nothing was too hard to answer either. I guess the one that took the most time was the 3 most important things when working in a lab.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick. I gave all of my negotiations and they got back to me within a couple days.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Too long a process. One must go through an initial phone interview. Then an interview with HR and all the staff managers of the plant, the head of operations and the head of the facility. Then they all get together, compare notes and make a decision.

Interview Questions

• They ask all behavioral based questions. I cannot remember which was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

JDE Distribution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was what I expected. In fact, in my opinion, they went very well. At first, I interviewed with their recruiter over the phone. The main question that stands out is that if they were to speak with a previous manager, what would that manager say about me? Shortly thereafter, I had two one-on-one interviews that went well. Most of the questions were related to my functional JDE expertise, as well as background with other non JDE-related firms. I was then flown to their HQ for in-person interviews. Those interviews went quite well. They were much more in-depth. I had a total of four interviews across two days. Everyone was very professional and friendly. I got the impression they felt I was a good fit. When I returned home after the trip, I spoke to the recruiter, and apparently there was a mixup with some paperwork, as well a few other issues. I never got a definitive answer on why they didn't offer me the position, but from what I gathered during the interviews, it is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• If you get a large amount pushback from the user community about changing a process, what would be your approach to overcome their concerns?   1 Answer