First Republic Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process took around a month. The first round was the introductory call from the HR. Basic questions regarding experience and background. The next round was on-site interview with the team. It was back to back meeting people from the team. The question range from basic to advanced technical concepts related to the role. Mostly touching on your experience in the field and what you listed in the resume. Please show interest in the role and portray that you have the calibre to learn by giving examples. Any engineer with background in programming concepts and algorithm can easily crack the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions from resume, basic technical questions related to the role and sample working of your project   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Be prepared to meet with a lot of folks - I met with 5 on my day of interviews. I was hired quickly, but I understand from some of my other colleagues that the process can take months, depending on what position you're aiming for. I landed the interview through a recruiter, who was helpful in preparing - what to wear (professional - suit jacket required), talk about the importance of customer service (clients first is key here - but you really have to mean it), and be knowledgeable about the history of the bank (all on the company website). Natural, charismatic, and always doing the right thing for the client will land you the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were responsible for something that went completely wrong, and how did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The people were nice and friendly, they made the interview process easy as if you were talking to friends. Went through a few interviews and then they did a extensive background check - which is typical for banking

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult and demanding customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Extremely long. Usually they want you to meet 4-6 people in one day or spread out depending on everyone's schedule.

Interview Questions

• Most are pretty straight forward. Usually it's more about a personality match than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Republic Bank.

Interview

At first I met with 5 people on the team and it was mostly conversation seeing if I was a good fit for the team. Everyone was very easy to talk to and just wanted to hear your views on customer service and how much value you would be able to add to the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and soon followed up with a phone interview. Within a week, I was onsite - there was just meeting with two key team members and the manager. The interview covered wide range of technical topics on MS .net full web stack plus SQL. I had not worked on any commercial web sites before so the interview had questions out of my knowledge at that time, or I didn't do my homework well.

Interview Questions

• How to enhance web security? They build the commercial banking web site - which I didn't work before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, then onsite with 4 people.

Interviewer was discriminatory. Stated multiple times that women need to stay home or work remote to take care of kids. Brought it to HR's attention, HR just say it was a slip-up.

The culture seems terrible. Zero diversity - only Indian and male.

Additionally, they ask for background check and finger print BEFORE onsite.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Interview starts with asking you to walk them through your resume. Questions will ask you detail instances in which you instigated change. Many of the questions are general and not what they really want to know about. You will answer what they ask you, but realize later the question was really probing about something else related to the initial query posed to you. Posted job descriptions are not accurate, be prepared to really probe what the position entail. Overall, interview went very smoothly.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview started with a phone screening and then an in-person interview meeting with six executives and staff. The four in-person interviews were with one or two people each. They were a friendly and collegial group of people that made me feel comfortable during the interview process.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Has been a while since I interviewed but have been part of the hiring process for others. You will talk to many different people as part of the process. Will need to talk about multi-tasking, organizational and technology skills. They will want to see your personality too to see if you are a good fit for the team - thought is that you can train for expertise but all getting along is harder to train for. Now you may also take a predictive index survey through HR which is similar to a Myers Briggs personality test and shows how you prefer to work/professional style.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Republic Bank in July 2018.

Interview

Overall the process is pretty general. All behavioral questions. Great management team. The interview is a bit long though. They want you to meet a lot of people on the team to make sure you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Some teamwork questions as well.   Answer Question