First Republic Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Republic Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.9

Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank.

Interview

The recruiter was horrible. He spoke to me twice, the first time he was completely negative and said I was not a good fit for the position. The second time he said I was a great fit and wanted me to take the assessment. He did not follow up and I had to reach out numerous times to just to get updates.

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had more than 10 rounds of interview which was exhausting. However it gave me an idea of who I'd be working with and made me feel comfortable that I am getting into the right culture for me. There was a brief phone screen by the hiring manager initially after which he seemed to be sold. The rest of the interviews were essentially for the team to feel ok.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one challenging situation you handled.   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone call screen with Lead engineers. Then a half day onsite with 4-5 people that lead the groups I would work with. Very cool group of people. By far one of the most enjoyable teams I've interviewed with.

Preferred Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They bring you in and then ask certain questions about the job and how you would fit in. Prepare answers beforehand so you do not freeze during questioning. They might even switch off to have another interview come in after you already have done an interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

(1) Telephone interview with the recruiter, if all goes well with the "walk me through your resume"interview, you are passed along to the
    (2) Hiring Manager Interview: This is a one hour discussion to brief the candidate on the role and assess technical and project management skill.
    (3) Following this, if the hiring manager likes the outcome of the discussion, he will pass you to the next levels, an afternoon where you will meet 4-5 of his peers, each for 30 minutes, and you will have some behavioral interviews, some case based interviews and some open questions. You will finish the day with the hiring manager, who will then inform you of the overall hiring timeline for the role.
    (4) Provided most interviewers are in agreement with the hiring manager, you will be asked to fill out a background request form.

(5) Once all information is in, the hiring manager will make an informed decision. Start to finish, the process runs 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• There is a great deal of concern about cultural fit. Make sure you understand FRBs culture and how it is different from other banks. You will be asked "Are you a good fit with the culture of our company?"   1 Answer

Senior Middleware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple and quick, I had offer letter in hand within 2 weeks of first HR call.
    first HR talked to me and set up technical phone screening with team lead, this was setup 2 days after HR call, which was mainly about knowing my skill set and the environment I worked with and how I would fit to their environment. After this they invited me for in person interview at their Boston office which is a video call with interviewer in their CA office. I received offer letter next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a scenario how different middleware components can be setup to communicate with each other ?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a 30-minute phone screen by HR. About a week later, I had 2 hours of in-person interviews on-site. The in-person interviews were with three people: a peer, the hiring manager, and the second level manager.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I have applied in their website and it took one week to get interview process . Their recruiter are very smart well communicator with candidate . Interview process very smooth and very cooperative .

Interview Questions

• you last job and technical thing in your resume and behavioral question all about why do you consider yourself for candidacy for this position.   Answer Question

Closing Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Submitted resume online, filled out application, interviewed with the manager 3 days later and the next day I received an offer for the position. The entire process was relatively short.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for First Republic? What attracted you to this bank?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out, played it off as a casual conversation via phone (because I expressed that I wasn't entirely sold on leaving my current company). It turned out to be a pretty black/white phone interview.. Sure, I guess. I agreed to an in-person interview, which was scheduled just fine. I arrived, was escorted by the same recruiter that I spoke with over the phone. During the course of my time at headquarters, I met with 7 people in the department (what I believe was the full team of who I would be working with if I were to get the job). It was quite a marathon, and each individual was quite different from the other. What I think that the team and recruiter did not realize, was that I was interviewing them in return. I would think that the recruiter would notify the team (since it was actually HIS team) that I was a passive candidate; someone that might be worth trying to impress in return. Maybe he did tell them this, but I wouldn't know because it most definitely didn't feel this way. All but one or two of the panel members were very cold in character, and I wasn't sold. The recruiter himself was repeating his same anecdotes and statistics that he relayed to me in our first phone call a few days prior; this made me feel as though he didn't value me as a candidate enough to remember what he said to me just a few days before.

After surviving this marathon of chilly interviews, I ended up emailing the recruiter the next day to let him know that I was resigning from the application process, telling him that I don't think it was a good fit. He never responded. I thought that this was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had multiple team members of the same management level sending work requests to you; how did you prioritize this?   Answer Question