First Republic Bank Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had more than 10 rounds of interview which was exhausting. However it gave me an idea of who I'd be working with and made me feel comfortable that I am getting into the right culture for me. There was a brief phone screen by the hiring manager initially after which he seemed to be sold. The rest of the interviews were essentially for the team to feel ok.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one challenging situation you handled.   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone call screen with Lead engineers. Then a half day onsite with 4-5 people that lead the groups I would work with. Very cool group of people. By far one of the most enjoyable teams I've interviewed with.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

(1) Telephone interview with the recruiter, if all goes well with the "walk me through your resume"interview, you are passed along to the
    (2) Hiring Manager Interview: This is a one hour discussion to brief the candidate on the role and assess technical and project management skill.
    (3) Following this, if the hiring manager likes the outcome of the discussion, he will pass you to the next levels, an afternoon where you will meet 4-5 of his peers, each for 30 minutes, and you will have some behavioral interviews, some case based interviews and some open questions. You will finish the day with the hiring manager, who will then inform you of the overall hiring timeline for the role.
    (4) Provided most interviewers are in agreement with the hiring manager, you will be asked to fill out a background request form.

(5) Once all information is in, the hiring manager will make an informed decision. Start to finish, the process runs 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• There is a great deal of concern about cultural fit. Make sure you understand FRBs culture and how it is different from other banks. You will be asked "Are you a good fit with the culture of our company?"   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a 30-minute phone screen by HR. About a week later, I had 2 hours of in-person interviews on-site. The in-person interviews were with three people: a peer, the hiring manager, and the second level manager.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out, played it off as a casual conversation via phone (because I expressed that I wasn't entirely sold on leaving my current company). It turned out to be a pretty black/white phone interview.. Sure, I guess. I agreed to an in-person interview, which was scheduled just fine. I arrived, was escorted by the same recruiter that I spoke with over the phone. During the course of my time at headquarters, I met with 7 people in the department (what I believe was the full team of who I would be working with if I were to get the job). It was quite a marathon, and each individual was quite different from the other. What I think that the team and recruiter did not realize, was that I was interviewing them in return. I would think that the recruiter would notify the team (since it was actually HIS team) that I was a passive candidate; someone that might be worth trying to impress in return. Maybe he did tell them this, but I wouldn't know because it most definitely didn't feel this way. All but one or two of the panel members were very cold in character, and I wasn't sold. The recruiter himself was repeating his same anecdotes and statistics that he relayed to me in our first phone call a few days prior; this made me feel as though he didn't value me as a candidate enough to remember what he said to me just a few days before.

After surviving this marathon of chilly interviews, I ended up emailing the recruiter the next day to let him know that I was resigning from the application process, telling him that I don't think it was a good fit. He never responded. I thought that this was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had multiple team members of the same management level sending work requests to you; how did you prioritize this?   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was simple straightforward. some employees were very nice explained about company. But there was no follow up whether i was selected or not. Even after i asked feedback they never said simple yes or no totally unprofessional. Never had this kind of bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about netapp , vmware etc   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. There was no phone interview. First interview was with Manager and Controller. Second interview was with VP of Accounting and VP of Finance. Manger offered job after second interview.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

the first part interview more or less just outlined the job description and explained more in depth about the company's procedures and goals. the second half focuses on you and how you can benefit for the team. they are looking for some that is compatible with the rest of the receptionist team.

PBO Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Long and tedious. 3 rounds over 2 months. The recruiter presented me with an offer in addition to a start date. 2 days later I was informed senior management does not approve of me. I spoke to the PBO/PBCS recruiter 10 times for 20 minutes which was also odd to me

Preferred Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted the app on their website. They asked you to do the PI test first..
    And conducted the 1st interview with district manager and assistant manager...After 1 week, they conduct the 2nd interview with 1 store manager and 1 assistant manager..

Very friend and helpful interviewer. They answered couple questions from me, and didn't mind to share more information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose banking?   1 Answer

Their offer can't match my current salary