First Tennessee Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

I have a 30 minute phone interview with two people. It was very simple and to the point. They asked about my background and current position. How I dealt with different issues.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I handled multiple projects at the same time.   Answer Question

Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

Initial job posting found on internet posting site. Contacted by HR rep for phone interview, then passed on to local manager and city executives for face to face interviews once approved by HR rep. Involved two rounds of local interviews, and then HR rep extended a verbal offer. I countered and the local hiring manager became involved to approve specifics. Written offer was made, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions that I can recall. Interviews were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and relocation expenses.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was referred by an employee so the interview was a little less formal than usual. After the interview, I didn't hear much for several weeks until I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more or less simply reviewing my history and experience. No trick questions and no 'personality' type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiating. Take it or leave it. I received an offer several weeks after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

The first round was a telephonic round, they asked me the basic questions about the previous work experience. Asked me to design the dream job, then they explained me about the role.
    Then they called me for the second round.

Interview Questions

• If you have to design a specific job role that you would prefer how would it be?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process, questions about resume, etc. Applied for internship online, received a call a week later for a phone interview, in-person interview the following week. Offered position another week after the in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. After that I had an in person interview which was laid back with most of the questions being fit and behavioral based. The interviewers rotated so I was interviewed by everyone on the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in banking and do you see yourself in banking as a career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview

Brief conversation process with HR Consultant over a phone screening and then an in-person interview with someone in Senior Management. In-person interview consisted of a few behavioral questions followed by a discussion about the industry and the internship position. After the 1 on 1 interview, there was a phone interview with the manager's team.

Interview Questions

• "What courses are you taking/have taken? Experiences within school/previous job history. Discussion about the industry and current economic trends to gauge knowledge. What do you want out of an internship?"   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

Formal and consistent with companies of this size and industry. Screening with HR. Interviewed with Hiring Manager, His boss, two of his peers, and two of my potential peers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical questions around experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc... Very big on your leadership style and personality to ensure that you fit in from a cultural perspective. Very big on achieving a diverse workforce (an area they have struggled with historically).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They knew what my expectations were initially and made an offer that was in line with my expectations. They low-balled me on base salary, however made it up on bonus and stock options that were more performance driven and completely acceptable to me. After being there 3 years, they have stayed true to providing this variable comp.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Fast, very detailed, fun, very professional. They asked a lot of different questions, you also got to ask questions. They congratulated me on doing excellent in school. I had two interviewers instead of one which made it weird at first due to constantly moving your eyes back and forth

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Bring resume (2+ copies), arrive extra early bc parking is impossible, remember names & get business card from each person. Visit main branch then interview for bank u b places.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know banks here & where do you bank?
      How can u help improve us?
      Is this a job or a career to you?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Gallatin, TN) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted within one week of applying for the position by the branch manager. She scheduled an interview with me a few days later. The interivew was with the branch manager and the operations manager. I was asked several questions about my past banking experience. Sales/cross-selling was highly emphasized.