First Transit Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Transit Driver Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dania, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Transit (Dania, FL).

Interview

Interview was good but i saw red flags when instructor said they verbally tore her down in a meeting that she stay in her house for 2 days depressed....... 2 weeks of classroom train at times instructor was lost herself she had classroom training but no field training so a lot of the things she taught we never used on the road ....... honest review my trainer dont use them either he never called in 1090's

Interview Questions

• Have you driven a car before   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for First Transit

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Transit (Blaine, MN).

Interview

I called on, say, a Monday. I got an interview on Wednesday. I got offered the job the same day. Started on Friday. Super quick (they needed a driver yesterday--had a few quit on short notice). Since I had experience driving before, I had 24 hours of training (over 3 days, 10/8/6 hours) and was let loose with a map and a bus. They knew I was going to be working this job temporarily until I found something better, I told them this, and they understood and hired me anyway.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions--it was a straightforward interview about my driving history and my qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much. It was a "union" shop. I put it in quotes because the union really only applied during contract times--benefits, salary, and seniority for bidding for routes. Being junior, I was on the late night shift, but that was okay, because there was the chance for more hours.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Transit (San Marcos, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Called about job listed in newspaper. Asked me to come in for an interview. Simple 30 minute discussion. Asked to come back in a week for training.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable driving large vehicles?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First Transit in August 2009.

Interview

4 some reason, didn't want 2 hire me at first, therewuz no response 2 my applic. But I kept calling 1x/wk and give reasons why want 2 be hired and can do thejob. Finally they accept, and have interview, I passd.

Interview Questions

• How you handle ethical situation, what would u do if you saw something against compny policy, do you report it or stay quiet   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union contract wuz exclnt, guarantee wage up 2x/yr, and same benefits 4 all, verygood union