FirstMerit Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstMerit Teller Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Flint, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application for three positions online. the teller position was PT but I figured maybe something would come available full-time eventually, but PT was okay for a temporarily. Took less than a week to get a response for the assessment test which may have been a requirement for the FT positions after HR person called to schedule a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FirstMerit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Hinckley, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple interview process. Quick phone screening, and then an interview is set up with the Branch Manager. On arrival, all of the tellers & the branch manager were all incredibly nice. The questions were just about my previous jobs, mostly. I was told they were interviewing many candidates and it would be a few weeks until they had a decision. I never heard back, but it was still a very nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; STAR interview questions ("Tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Akron, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Talent Acquisition will call you to discuss a time for an interview. You will then be scheduled to meet the branch manager at the respective location. The interview is relatively untechnical , and the interviewer is friendly. Even though they deny it, the person conducting the interview is the one making the decision. After the interview, you will again be contacted by the Talent Acquisition specialist for an offer. It's weird how FirstMerit hides behind the Talent Acquisition title.

Interview Questions

• There is a line at the teller line, and several cars in the drive-thru. The phone rings. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask them to pay you more competitively with other bank's wages.