FirstRand Bank Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstRand Bank Limited Interview Questions

Hogan Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 technical rounds and 1 HR. Technical rounds very very difficult. They asked almost every aspect of application. HR round was just the formality. They only discuss about relocation and salary package.

Chartered Accountant Articles (III Years TOPP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in October 2015.

Interview

The final round interview was relatively short. The fact that they flew me up to Johannesburg meant that the interview was more of a culture fit role in my opinion. I was interviewed by three members of the company and more specifically the CA graduate recruitment team. The way I got the interview was by going on their banking internship earlier in the year - FirstRand Winter School which is essential in getting the position for articles.

Interview Questions

• If I sat down with the CEO of the banking group and he offered me R50 Million to develop an idea, what would that idea be?   Answer Question

CA Programmer Articles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in May 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward for a bank. First round (if your CV passed the test) was psychometric testing. After that it was a personal interview about 30 mins in length in front of a panel of 3 different level employees. The staff were super friendly and we had the opportunity to interact with numerous employees already on the program

Interview Questions

• How much wire was needed for the elevators in the office
      Why First Round
      Why I felt I was better than the other candidates
      What problems face the banking industry
      How I would invest R1million   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited in January 2011.

Interview

I was a current employee at the commencement of the interview. I was applying for a different position within the organization. Interview process was rigorous and in-depth.

It consisted of a presentation on myself as well as how I would fit into the company, a one-on-one interview with the head of the Western Cape division and a panel interview covering numerous topics.

Interview Questions

• What opportunities do I recognize for a bank in the current economic climate.   Answer Question

Head of Business Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in July 2009.

Interview

At leas two interviews as well as a psychometric examination is required before you can be hired. The process may include external HR specialists if its for a senior job, and he psychometric tests are outsourced. You have to prepare for the interview and also read up on the history of the organisation, especially on the founders and their ethos and values, as that is what drives the underlying culture of the organisation.

Interview Questions

• Inform us how you will improve the business unit's profitability, and its strategic fit into the rest of the organisation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, but a lot depends on the business unit head and their temperament, as well as the talent pool available to replace you.