Firstsource Solutions Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Derby, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The session started in a presentation room where we were shown a video of the company giving a good overview of the work they did and what they offered. It was reasonable in length preventing it getting boring. This was followed up by a verbal presentation by a very confident and well briefed lady from the Cardiff office. She gave an upbeat and very detailed description of what was required in the job and all of the potential bonuses and benefits available to us if we achieved our targets. I was pleased to hear her stress that they did expect fully commitment and maximum effort for these bonuses. Too many companies gloss over that fact,

We went to a training room and each person was asked to introduce themselves giving an interesting fact about themselves. We were then taken into the operations area and put with advisors on live calls. We had headsets allowing us to hear the customers too. This was a great way to show how tasks are carried out. Between calls we could ask the advisor questions and we were encouraged to do so.

We returned to the training room and split into two groups. We were given folders and asked to build a house with sky set-up in it. This was completed but along the way the rules changed several times (deliberately I suspect to test flexibility). When it was completed we had to sell the house to the opposing team in a dragons den style. Each person had to ask and answer at least one question. During the session there were four personnel taking notes on how we handled things.

This was followed by a process they called "Speed dating". One half of the group went into a cinema area and each person sat with a team leader or recruiter. They asked one or two questions which you answered and after two minutes a bell rang and you moved to the next person who asked different questions. This continued until each person had been questioned by each recruiter/leader.
We returned to the previous room and completed a very long document covering all aspects of yourself from addresses over last five years, criminal records, medical conditions etc. This concluded the session and after our passport or driving licence along with other requested papers were copied we were allowed to leave.

I can honestly say it's the best interview/selection process I've been through as it seemed designed to let them see the real person and not someone answering standard interview questions like a robot.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer that rang Sky requesting to downgrade their service.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Firstsource Solutions

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions in December 2016.

Interview

There whole company is a joke. The recruitment staff are really unprofessional unorganised and just don't really care. It's definitely the worst process I've seen and it smelt in the room there was no air conditioning.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially i was asked to fill in some forms.
    Then I was Asked about previous customer service experience.
    They look for at least 6 months.
    I had a Brief Telephone interview to see how i managed a difficult customer.
    Then the interviewer went through another questionaire with me. The questions weren't too difficult and all of them centred around customer service as expected.
    Very laid back interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time when you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Airoli (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Airoli (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 rounds 1.screening 2.hr . if you RE GOOD IN ENGLISH . 3 then versant all were easy . versant was just tricky , you should be louder in clear. because you are hearing recorded voice

Interview Questions

• myself all the time, objective short term goal and bascis interview question to judge your mentality for stability   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Londonderry County Borough, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Londonderry County Borough, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 stage interview - first an aptitude test and an interview with practical at the end took one day for both parts got the job the following day started the following week and love it

Interview Questions

• what you know about the company mainly   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online then received a phonecall for an aptitude test. I then got a phone call that evening to say I passed and then an interview was arranged for the next day. Very quick process

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask you what you think it means to give good customer service.
    Role play scenario where questions are asked so you can tailor a package for the customer. Multi answer questions.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

will hire anyone as theyre desperate to fill the revolving door vacancies. just need to turn up and smile during the interview. pleasant interview staff. the problem is afterwards when you start working as the senior staff ignore you and treat you as a number. shame really as it could be a good place to work if the management bothered to recognise their staff. no wonder so many people leave within a few weeks. management need to be re selected for their jobs. funny how in a cusotmer service out sourcing company they are fanatical about delivering great cusotmer service for Sky, but couldnt give a toss about the service they give to their staff. good for a months stop gap, until a proper job comes along.

Interview Questions

• no surprises or difficult questions. just normal eveyday job related specifics. be yourself. cusotmer service is simple common sense and how youd like to treated as a customer yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was totally amazing and lots of fun there and the person who takes interview asks about family background so its kind of great... and very interesting
    Job is perfect for startup and great working environment so you don't have to worry about anything.
    Interview process is not easy but if you pay attention that it will be easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You must have to accept the offer for entering or get this opportunity.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straight forward. Not many questions to be answered. The interview process was very easy and straight forward. Not many questions to be answered.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our clients? Whats our method of working along with the different verticals of the company.   Answer Question