Fischer Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

New Home Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

I was initially contacted by someone in HR after I had turned in my resume. I was given an initial interview by her where she asked some general questions about my sales experience and some basic situational questions. After that she told me she thought I did very well and would be passing my information along to a hiring manager.

A week later, I was contacted by a manager and another interview was set up. Once again, the interview went very well and she point blank wanted me on her team...except al lthe positions had just been filled and there were no more openings! However, she said she would pass my information along to one of her collegues at Maple Street Homes and see if he needed a position filled.

Another week passes and I am finally able to speak with him after being blown off three times earlier in the week by this guy because he was "so busy". (Apparently he was so important and busy that the couldn't even e-mail me on his ever-present Blackberry to let me know he wasn't going to be able to make a phone call, let alone keep appointments...) Anyway, the interview with that guy went very well and he said that he was going to have a "floater" position coming available in the very near future (he said in a few weeks) that he thought I would be a good fit for. However, he wanted me to come into their corporate office to interview with him face-to-face as well as the initial lady from Fischer.

Two weeks later they schedule a face-to-face interview with me in Northern Kentucky. I go in and have a GREAT interview (that lasted 2 hours!). The interview has no set questions. They do not have a list sitting in front of them. I was mostly just tag teamed by the two people I met with and there was a lot of back and forth. Again, they were asking me about my sales experience, my sales process, what I knew about Fischer, why I would be a good fit for the job, etc.

They tell me at the end they definitely want me and just need me to fill out the "real" job application. Once I had that completed, I was to call them and they would have me return with the application and they would present me with an offer. THE JOB APPLICATION IS 8 PAGES LONG...AND THE LAST FOUR PAGES ARE ESSAY QUESTIONS. Be prepared...they are very thorough! I filled out the app and called the man from Maple Street...and got no response. So then I e-mailed him as well. Three days later he sends me an email saying "sorry, there is going to be no job opening afterall. Thanks for your time."

So after a month and a half of back and forth, playing phone tag, being passed from person to person, and driving all over town I was left with nothing. I think this is probably a very good company, but it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Walk me step by step through how you think you would sell a home to a new home buyer?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you are better suited for sales to a Fischer Homes type of customer or a Maple Street Homes customer?   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Athens, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

There was a face to face interaction where I got to meet some of the team. Then there was a social gathering where there was interactive ways to engage in some conversation with different people within the company. The interview was then held where I was interviewing with two of the people I had met at the previous events.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in new home sales?   1 Answer

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Review of my resume during interview. I did almost all of the talking. Covered my years of experience in the industry. Spoke about Fischer Homes and how they represent themselves on their website. Asked the managers how long they'd been with the company and where they were previously. The interview was a two way process to see if we were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Which month would be the best time for me to start my employment with them.   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Columbus, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Long process. Not quick to get back with candidate. Management not organized. Seemed so busy they could not get back with candidate when they said they would. Company appears to be growing. Very unstructured interviewing process.

Sales Counselor Interview

Interview

It was very good. I was provided a lot of information on the company and the role of sales counselor. I liked the overall style of the phone call. Thank you. Hello. Yes. Hi.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of sales?   1 Answer

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Louisville, KY) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was with a member of senior leadership and the division's Design Center Manager (Louisville, KY). It was comfortable yet very professional. I provided my project management/design portfolio which was used to drive most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would the closest person to me say was my biggest strength and my biggest weakness?
      2. What are my goals over the next 1-2 years, personally and professionally?
      3. Give an example of a customer service related challenge that you experienced and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes in February 2010.

Interview

a series of 2 phone behavior based interviews