Fiserv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I applied online. About a month later, a corporate recruiter emailed me and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview: corporate recruiter asked me normal interview questions about my skills, what I did in my previous roles (in depth) and my goals. phone interview was about an hour long. I received an email from her a few days later to schedule an in person interview. In person interview: I interviewed with the PMO (2 other employees joined in after 30 mins). She asked me about my past role, skills, software knowledge and other normal behavioural questions. I got a call the same day from the recruiter and she offered the position and discussed salary & benefits. I asked for them to give me a day to think about it. I called them back the next day and countered their offer asking for more money. The recruiter spoke with the managers and countered back with a better offer which I agreed to. The overall interview process and negotiations was professional and not too difficult. Things rolled quickly after applying and waiting a month to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple deadlines and tasks to complete, how do you prioritize what to do first?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They provided the initial offer. I declined and countered based on market averages and skills that you will bring to the company. (Do your research and provide industry/city comparables) The recruiter spoke with the managers and countered back with a better offer the same day.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fiserv (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was seamless and it was done with four employees (three co-workers and the Director). They asked varying questions to zero in on their relative agendas and it was relaxed, warm, and very honest.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about ISO 9000, Technical capabilities, and the Learning Curve for the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Friendly. Typical psychological questions. Interviewed with a number of individuals but they didn't seem to be on the same page with job responsibilities and location.They were going through a change in management at the time.

Accountant, Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, we had a brief phone interview and the following week the senior recruiter set up a face to face with a director and manager. The interview with the manager was by phone in their office. They were both very direct but personable. They seem like great people to work with. A week later I was called to interview for a similar role under a different director and manager which was also a good experience. They also gave me a gift bag with water, a pen and pad!

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fiserv (Buffalo, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

one phone interview, followed by three in person interviews with upper management.
    Drug test, background check and credit check. They were very clear that they would be interviewing many other candidates and that I would here from them when the decision was made.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time when..." type questions
      "How are you going to become a better manager"   Answer Question

Training Specialist, Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Conyers, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email regarding salary requirements then phone interview was scheduled. Recruiter was pleasant, gave breakdown of position and benefits. And advised I'll receive notification from her no matter the outcome. Will update if any next steps occur.

Senior Financial Analyst - Accounting Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fiserv (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was approached via recruiter for the role. Had several phone interviews and screens followed by a 5 hour in-person interview with 6 members of the team. Fiserv's recruiter called me to gather information that I purposely left blank on my "formal application", including salary information so that they could "mold" an appropriate offer. I told her that my salary information was confidential and not relevant in this particular situation as the role was not apples to apples. She insisted, in which case I gave her a target range. She continued to pry for the previous salary info so that Fiserv could add 10%-15% and send me the offer. So I gave her a range for my current salary and bonus.

She then went and told the hiring manager that I wasn't transparent and did not give her the necessary salary information. Which was false as I had in fact given her a range. The hiring managers concluded that I must not be trustworthy and decided not to submit the offer. As if the numerous phone and in-person interview didn't allow them to make an accurate assessment of my character. Which doesn't make sense because I was the first person they had actually like enough to send an offer to for almost a year. Wierd.

Let this be a lesson to anyone reading this review. You'll go to their fancy offices, they'll buy you lunch, and you'll say to yourself "Wow, this place is cutting edge!". Take my word for it, that is not the case and these people can't even figure out how to put an offer together by themselves. Thankfully i had a couple other offers, but all in all a giant waste of time. Do you really want to work for people who aren't smart enough to gauge the market on their own? Not me.

Interview Questions

• Where does your boss think you are?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv in September 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter not long after submitting the resume. Then two rounds of interviews, the 1st round phone interview is brief and talking about common interests and experience; the 2nd round f2f interview took me about 2 hours: including interview with Hiring Manager, Senior Developer, related department Directors, HR Directors. Interview is primarily based on past experience, and have quite a few behavior questions, some technical questions.
    After f2f is a long wait, took about a month to get the final results

Interview Questions

• What is the most hardest project you had, how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

The recruiter was friendly and somewhat knowledgeable. I felt that she asked pertinent questions and gave sufficient answers. The interview went overall good.I was satisfied. The recruiter then left her position at Fiserv.

Systems Analyst Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

it didn't, I received an email from someone in their recruiting department about the position and asked if I could respond ASAP as they were going on PTO. I sent my response immediately and was told they needed heavier systems exposure (20+ years not sure how much more your going to get). Then stated my salary requirements where in disconnect as the position topped out at X dollars.

Then quickly then after I was sent an automated response that I wasn't chosen for further consideration. If after a brief email with no interest in clarifying what your looking for or without even talking to a person this is how you treat them, then I'm glad I don't work for you as this just shows that you don't want talent you want a body to fill a seat.