Fiserv Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Pre-screened by in-house recruiter followed by submitting a coding exercise followed by technical phone interviews followed by on-site interviews with several technology leaders. (They flew me to CT for the face-to-face interviews.) Hiring process was very smooth once the offer was extended. Waited for background check to complete and then started work within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people that are unwilling to change bad processes. (This was a common pain point for every person that interviewed me.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They maxed out the salary offering so that threw in more vacation to sweeten the deal.

Other Interview Reviews for Fiserv

Anonymous Employee in India, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fiserv (India, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very light in my case
    There was need so they took two round of interview
    otherwise they take written test along with 4 to 5 rounds.
    If you are on notice period they would prefer you

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

It started with a group interview with a panel of a couple of folks, including the peers, manager, project manager and leads. Then it followed by a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fiserv (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

1 hour phone interview on technical subjects, reviewer seemed impressed. Interview with 3 co-workers, one complained about how he worked there for two years before being hired full time, and almost suggested I don't take the job. One asked technical questions, kind of off the wall; on one he mentioned he hadn't heard of a term either until he started working there. Other person asked some fairly straightforward questions. Wierdest interview I think I've ever been on. None of the people I met seemed like they were prepared to interview someone... If it works out I may go to the next level just out of curiousity, but then after reviewing this site I might just keep looking...

Interview Questions

• asked about something that wasn't even hinted at on the req. or in the phone interview...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fiserv (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds , first written MCQ type on machine based on C#, and code debugging type, then technical interview which wa based on wpf, wcf, design pattern, then manager round basically on tools for coding as JIRA, TFS etc. He was more focused on data security. Given positive feedback to me.

Interview Questions

• Questions on OOPS, C#, wpf, wcf, mainly on security and encryption , they give separate rating for communication as well.

1. factory vs abstory pattern.
      2. data binding in wpf.
      3. resources.
      4. data tempate vs item template
      5. abstract class ,abstraction
      6. garbage collector working
      7. OOPS questions.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fiserv (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Technical test, technical interview which was followed by HR round. I was told that they will send me an offer letter within 3 days after some verification, but didn't get any response yet after more than 1 month. Not even any response to call or email.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

The process consists of initial phone screening performed by HR person, followed by a set of math, logic and software engineering tests.
    This is normally followed by a Skype call with technical persons, however nobody contacted me at the appointed time, which is highly unprofessional, considering that due to time zone difference I had to be available at 10 PM.
    No apology e-mail nor phone call. I would expect higher standards from a big international company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fiserv (Noida (India)).

Interview

Online Test in C++ for 2 hours followed by Telephonic technical round and Managerial round. Finally when through HR round before getting the offer . Overall the process difficulty was average .

Interview Questions

• Technical C++ questions based on Friend function, Polymorphism ,templates,oops concept etc and Past Project experiences from previous organization .   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.Very strict in their policies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fiserv (Noida (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

1- Online test
    2- F2F

HR gonna reach at 11 you would be able waiting since 9 am and they will fight each other. Don't know what is company about. So big company and sick behaviour

Interview Questions

• Old typical questions which they believe you not gonna reply. If you are going for interview prepare for 5-6/hrs waste of time. They will not select you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fiserv (Noida (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an interview scheduled on 18th july at fiserv sec-62 office.
    The technical interviewer asked irrelevant questions that are not related to the job profile.
    And that should not be a part of a technical interview (questions like what is your current salary/expected salary ,current co. detail .The interview last for 5-7 min with questions that do not match the JD .
    Waiting for the whole day after giving 2 hrs written test this was not expected

Interview Questions

• salary structure in technical interview ...irrelevant questions   Answer Question