Fisher Investments Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.9

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Very thorough process with a phone interview, skype interview, and an in-person interview in the Camas, Washington office. Fisher was very good with communicating and got back to me quickly with any questions I had. Spoke with mostly current account executives and managers who were formerly account executives. Questions started with them getting to know me and whether I would be a good fit with the firm. After that, almost all of the questions revolved around why specifically I was interested in a sales job.

Interview Questions

• With having a more analytical background, why are you applying to this sales role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Plano, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

This was a very difficult interview process as they try to see how well you do under pressure. They ask prying questions that make you feel uncomfortable, so they can see how you react.

I was originally contacted by a recruiter on LinkdedIn and had a short 30-45 minute phone call with him. It was very basic interview/get to know you questions.

I then had a phone interview that lasted about an hour to an hour and fifteen mins. This required me to ask a lot of questions to be engaged and to seem interested in the company (which I was).

The next interview was a video chat with two managers, about 45 mins each. This is when the prying/difficult questions started popping up. It seemed like there was always one nice guy and one really tough, stoic guy.

After that, I was flown to their Texas location to have interviews with three people all about an hour long. They asked very challenging questions and very basic questions. I also got to speak to a current AE and get to hear his thoughts of the company without having any repercussions on my interview process. It was really nice being able to ask this individual questions that may not be best to ask a hiring manager (e.g. "Do you feel that you are treated well?")

After that, I received an email asking for a background check. Once that was complete I got a call from the company extending me an offer.

Things to keep in mind:
    They ask questions intended to make you uncomfortable.
    They know what kind of person they are looking for and are VERY selective.
    Be confident and trust that you are able to excel in a career like this.
    Don't let their tough questions shake you up too much-it's a sales role, so you need to be able to take the heat from a potential client.
    Always have a lot of questions prepared.

Hope this helps! Good luck, everyone!

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to adjust your leadership style, what was the reason, and whag was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why don't you already have a job lined up after graduation?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Standard phone screen then a video interview with two managers. Company seems like a pipeline, other reviews were accurate in this aspect -- hyper specialized roles, take that as you way.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at campus career gallery, attended information session the same night. Phone interview followed by video interview upcoming. Phone interview was very easy and just getting information on you, as well as filling you in on the company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call then video interview. They chose not to continue the process with me, but after the video interview is a in person interview. The video interview is very intense, it's 2 hours straight of them asking you questions. I believe they really want you geared towards a career there, and I didn't subject my responses to that so I believe this is why I didn't receive an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview went really well! I had to log onto a Skype like platform and then spoke with a recruiter briefly, then afterwards talked to two separate employees. One was a hiring manager and the other was the manager for account executives. They both were very nice and easy to talk to. The questions were mostly about what drives me to succeed and my journey to getting where I am today. I was only asked a few questions about capital markets and the job itself. Overall it was a very casual interview and the Fisher Investment employees did a really good job at making it seem more like a conversation than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your story is?
      What interests you about capital markets?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2017.

Interview

Positive experience with Fisher Investments. I went through two phone interviews and both were positive. Both people who I spoke with were very nice and straightforward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If I were to see your friend at a function, what is one thing they would say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Lengthy interview process where they are extremely diligent in their vetting of the candidate. They flew me out to Portland, OR after several phone calls as well as rented a hotel room, a car and paid for all my meals.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Fisher Investments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then webcam interview (a couple hours long) with upper management, then they fly you out to the location for an on-site interview if you are liked after the webcam interview. Interviews were fairly challenging, but i expected nothing less. Was pretty excited about the job until I arrived onsite and saw hundreds of people with their faces in their computer and no smiles anywhere, along with an interesting experience with one of the managers. The manager definitely try to play a little bit of an intimidation game during the in person interview, my assumption is to see how you handle under pressure. Wasn’t used to that kindve a style so be prepared to be hounded left and right with questions and have every one of your answers be challenged by the interviewer. Successful company that offers many promotion opportunities, however the company atmosphere could use some work.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter and the 2nd round of interviews was with 3 differ account executive managers. All managers were very transparent with what the role was and were also very personable. I enjoyed the process but wish I was more prepared going into it, it was my first interview so I wasn't experienced with the process but they made it comfortable and very professional.