Fisher Investments Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview last year. It went well, then at the end, they offered me a Junior Associate position that paid around $11/hr... From reading the reviews, this is a common thing they do. Waste your time with interviews, and offer you a low paying position that has nothing to do with the original position you applied for... Also they are known for working 50-60 hour weeks. Recently applied for an entry level position with 4 year degree and job experience. I got a interview scheduled (2/15/17) and remembered my past experience and cancelled it. I'd rather work for a real company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Applied through a campus event, was contacted a week later to set up a phone interview. I was told upon completing the interview that I would hear back in 5-7 business days whether or not I would go further in the process.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging time that you faced during your education and/or experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Interview

Recruited me at a Campus Career Fair. Invited me for an interview the next day (I had not heard of them or even applied). Interview was fairly basic (not behavioral). Questions were standard: biggest failure in college, biggest weakness, etc. They then invited me to come to Oregon for an additional interview. I was also asked to fill out an application. I declined because I am not currently ready for that big of a cross country move. Seems like a good, rapidly growing company though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that isn't on your resume? Tell me about yourself (always gets me).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through school and did a few phone interviews, I was then flown out to Portland for an all day round of interviews with various team members in the different departments. The questions were mostly based on past experiences and some behavioral, it was not as difficult as I thought it would be.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair and had 2 interviews during a 3 week period.
    It was a fairly standard behavioral and somewhat cheesy interview with lots of, "tell me about a time when..." or "I noticed "X" on your resume, tell me more" kind of open-ended questions, lasting about 30 mins.
    1 week later I got a call back setting up the 2nd interview, with a different recruiter. 2nd interview was a woman from the CA office (as opposed to 1st, a male recruiter from a different office) but the interview was exactly the same. About a week later I got a call back that I wouldn't be considered further in the process. When asked, they denied to provide constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

• "What separates you a better data/business analyst?"

I was asked a question about how to approach something, I talked a bit about choices and they must have not liked my answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The initial steps towards getting an interview were fairly simply. However, much of it was due to luck and position. Our career development website (my college jobs listing page) had listed an investment associate position. After some research of the company, I had found a close friend worked in a similar position in a different office. Luckily, an application on the career development website as well as an employee referral got me a interview fairly quickly (within a week). The interview process is similar to other companies of this size, a phone interview, panel interview and some others (which unfortunately I had not made it that far to say). The phone interview was straightforward, looking to understand your ambitions within the company, for yourself at the moment and for yourself 10 years out. They asked quite a few questions that focused on experiences found on resumes and personal stories, such as "what was your most proud moment in the past year?" or "Why did you choose your college? and were you happy with that decision?" Overall the interview lasted about 45 minutes. After the interviewer finished with their questions, they finish up if you have questions. Unfortunately, the interviewer happened to be very a-type, and overly self-confident in all his experiences, despite being at Fisher for a short period of time. This led to an extra 15 minutes of essentially bragging and gloating, something not particular attractive from an applicant's point of view. That was the last interaction I had with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I went to there power day and interviewed with 3 people back to back