Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week or two to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was very easy and casual, just trying to make sure you are a competent person. My online video interview was scheduled for the following week. The recruiter I met with was very nice, but seemed like she had a quota to meet, called be by the wrong name, and did not seem very invested in our conversation. I already kind of expected all of this to happen after reading other experiences on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I went through a serious of three interviews. The first was over the phone, the second was over video chat, and the final was in Camas WA. The video chat was about two hours and I spoke to two different managers about their positions. In camas I spoke to two different managers and got a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experiences.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about fisher investments and what makes us different?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at an on campus career fair then went to a conference meeting after. Phone interview came next then I was flown out for an onsite interview, Finally I had an interview with the VP of the division I would be working in. Most people I spoke to had a skype interview before the onsite interview but after the phone interview but I skipped this step.

Interview Questions

• First interview just asked about the specifics on my resume, second interview was pretty standard, no technical questions, third interview was about which branch I would like to work.   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

First interview was the after the career fair. In-person, lasted about 15 minutes. I received an email later that week for a second interview over the phone. I never heard back after the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. They really just want to see if you are a good fit for their team. The interviewers were very friendly. It helps to stay on top of them for getting back to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone call, I was asked to come in for a site interview that included a tour and a 40 minute interview. Shortly thereafter I was notified that they would like to move forward with the interview process, and they scheduled a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for FI? What are you most proud of accomplishing in the last four years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Had connections with some of the employees from FI visiting campus. Passed along my resume and was asked to come to an interview on campus. It went well, not long after I got a call from another recruiter for another interview over the phone and then on Skype. Completed those and was moved onto the interview in Camas, WA. Interviewed with three team leaders within Client Services (before this recruiters and I mostly talked about talent acquisition). Was supposed to hear back within two weeks but didn't hear back until after a month later being told I didn't get the position.

Overall, the experience was great except for the delay of them getting back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

Meet Fisher at a College Fair and went to their info session later that night. Had an on-campus interview with them a few days later. Had a phone interview a few weeks after that and then a video interview with the same person the following week. After another month I was flown out to their Washington office to have three more interviews for various positions.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview was extremely causal... Very behavior/conversational, they really just want to get to know you and your resume/background. The next Skype interview was very similar format... Some situational questions but again very casual. They then flew me out to the San Mateo office (flight, hotel both paid for). Had 3 interviews with managers of three different groups. Nothing too intimidating, everyone was extremely kind and these too were very much behavioral / situational questions. A couple weeks went by when I heard from a VP of one of the groups I met with in person, very causal/conversational, he just wanted to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the firm and at the end of the phone call he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed... What happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I spoke with a campus recruiter and she encouraged me to apply online - even though I insisted I did not have any interest in investments... she assured me they look outside of finance/econ professionals in order to get a variety of skill sets. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. I went through two phone interviews, almost a month apart, with two separate recruiters. They explained the company (quoted directly from the website) and asked basic info about my schooling and previous work history to get a feel for my personality and skill set. Two hours later I received an email to come in for an in-person interview.

The environment on campus is extremely corporate. They begin with a tour of the campus so you can all the perks the company offers - kitchens on every floor, food trucks, new shiny offices. What stood out to me most was how the majority of employees liked identical - mid 20's, extremely attractive -perfect bodies, women with long straight hair and mini skirts, men in expensive suits. I was slightly uncomfortable because I knew I didn't fit the image they were going for.

I had asked the recruiter if I would interview for multiple positions (since I had read this online) and he insisted it would just be the one I had expressed interest in... wrong. I interviewed with 3 different people for 3 different positions - only one had been discussed with me, so I felt like I was going in blind. I was pretty disappointed in the fact that they openly showed disinterest in my responses to questions. I had shared during my phone interviews that investments was something I didn't desire, or even felt qualified for, and that I preferred something more on the social issues side but they kept insisting Fisher Investments is a great way to help people. When I talked about my past work and current interests each interviewer clearly showed distaste.

Overall the interview was almost 4 hours. They told me they needed to get together to discuss my qualifications and will contact need in 2 weeks. About a week later I received a call from a completely different recruiter who said the company felt like my interests didn't align with theirs and would be be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you think your background will serve Fisher Investments?   Answer Question