Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. They really just want to see if you are a good fit for their team. The interviewers were very friendly. It helps to stay on top of them for getting back to you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone call, I was asked to come in for a site interview that included a tour and a 40 minute interview. Shortly thereafter I was notified that they would like to move forward with the interview process, and they scheduled a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for FI? What are you most proud of accomplishing in the last four years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Had connections with some of the employees from FI visiting campus. Passed along my resume and was asked to come to an interview on campus. It went well, not long after I got a call from another recruiter for another interview over the phone and then on Skype. Completed those and was moved onto the interview in Camas, WA. Interviewed with three team leaders within Client Services (before this recruiters and I mostly talked about talent acquisition). Was supposed to hear back within two weeks but didn't hear back until after a month later being told I didn't get the position.

Overall, the experience was great except for the delay of them getting back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

Meet Fisher at a College Fair and went to their info session later that night. Had an on-campus interview with them a few days later. Had a phone interview a few weeks after that and then a video interview with the same person the following week. After another month I was flown out to their Washington office to have three more interviews for various positions.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview was extremely causal... Very behavior/conversational, they really just want to get to know you and your resume/background. The next Skype interview was very similar format... Some situational questions but again very casual. They then flew me out to the San Mateo office (flight, hotel both paid for). Had 3 interviews with managers of three different groups. Nothing too intimidating, everyone was extremely kind and these too were very much behavioral / situational questions. A couple weeks went by when I heard from a VP of one of the groups I met with in person, very causal/conversational, he just wanted to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the firm and at the end of the phone call he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed... What happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I spoke with a campus recruiter and she encouraged me to apply online - even though I insisted I did not have any interest in investments... she assured me they look outside of finance/econ professionals in order to get a variety of skill sets. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. I went through two phone interviews, almost a month apart, with two separate recruiters. They explained the company (quoted directly from the website) and asked basic info about my schooling and previous work history to get a feel for my personality and skill set. Two hours later I received an email to come in for an in-person interview.

The environment on campus is extremely corporate. They begin with a tour of the campus so you can all the perks the company offers - kitchens on every floor, food trucks, new shiny offices. What stood out to me most was how the majority of employees liked identical - mid 20's, extremely attractive -perfect bodies, women with long straight hair and mini skirts, men in expensive suits. I was slightly uncomfortable because I knew I didn't fit the image they were going for.

I had asked the recruiter if I would interview for multiple positions (since I had read this online) and he insisted it would just be the one I had expressed interest in... wrong. I interviewed with 3 different people for 3 different positions - only one had been discussed with me, so I felt like I was going in blind. I was pretty disappointed in the fact that they openly showed disinterest in my responses to questions. I had shared during my phone interviews that investments was something I didn't desire, or even felt qualified for, and that I preferred something more on the social issues side but they kept insisting Fisher Investments is a great way to help people. When I talked about my past work and current interests each interviewer clearly showed distaste.

Overall the interview was almost 4 hours. They told me they needed to get together to discuss my qualifications and will contact need in 2 weeks. About a week later I received a call from a completely different recruiter who said the company felt like my interests didn't align with theirs and would be be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you think your background will serve Fisher Investments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruited finding my resume on indeed.com. They emailed me and set up a preliminary phone interview. After that was over, she set up a time and a date with a second phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 45 minutes. After that, he went over things and emailed me back within 24 hours setting up a time to come to their headquarters to interview with two different hiring managers in one day. Each interview lasted about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why business?
      Besides a few questions about the company, the interview questions are very behavior based. They are looking for a culture fit with their company.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was the longest one I have been apart of so far. It started all the way back in January where I had my first interview and it just ended now at the end of May. The first interview was mostly behavioral, super casual. Then after two months go by I have a two hour Skype interview. They grill you on what is on your resume and why you feel like you would fit in with Fisher. After that I finally got flown out to the headquarters in Camas, Washington where they give you this royal treatment and to be quite honest make you feel like you already received the job. They go over benefits where you would want to live in Portland, etc. I only had to go on one interview with a manger there and felt like I had absolutely owned it. A month goes by, they call me explaining the company is highly interested in me I just need to be patient. They send me books, they ask me if I've received any offers. All of these attributes lead me to think I am going to receive an offer. Then a month after I was in Camas I receive my final phone call from someone I had never heard from before with poor english, telling me the firm was going in a different direction. I feel it is very unprofessional to not receive a no from at least someone I had originally talked to through this long process. Overall, though the trip to Camas was fun and a good learning process, the fact that it took this company so long to decide I wasn't fit for the company baffles me.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone call. The recruiter was very friendly and conversational. He wanted to know about me and asked me questions from my resume. Basically they want to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit for the company. It was less about FI (although you should do your research) and more about me. He wants to get a better understanding of what your skills are. He was really nice and funny and it was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What motivates you?
      Why FI?
      Why do you think you're good for this role?
      Tell me about your biggest accomplishment.
      Do you have questions for me?
      Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consists of behavioral questions and meeting with a variety of Fisher employees. The interview process includes phone interviews and an on-site interview.The interviewers help you to feel comfortable and is very conversational-based.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Fisher Investments   Answer Question