Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but logical. I had a phone interview first, followed by two in-person interviews, followed up by a phone call from the hiring manager to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were working in a group and your opinion differed from the rest of the group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2016.

Interview

I was not originally interested in applying for the company, but a friend referred me. HR contacted me right away to schedule a phone interview. The 1st phone interview was very brief, and a 2nd phone interview was scheduled right away. The 2nd phone interview was longer, and we discussed my goals and the types of positions I would be interested in. After the 2nd phone interview I was contacted for an on-site interview. Upon arrival, I was given a tour of the buildings. The set up of the buildings was very weird. The buildings are nice, but employees sit right next to each other at long tables, and there is no personal space. It's like they are trying to cram as many employees in as possible. The person I interviewed with was very friendly and engaging. However, it was a very conversational interview, and the questions he asked were compleetly dependent on the answers I gave. After the on-site interview I was contacted to complete a background check, which I passed. After the background check I was contacted to schedule an additional phone interview, with the group VP which went very well. I waited several months after the final phone interview, and still didn't receive an offer. I checked in several times (generally every other week.) I was told that "I was a top priority" and "that everything looked good" and "they were trying to figure out my start dates, and who I would be reporting to." Everything they said led me to believe I was going to be getting the job. During this time period I received several other job offers which I turned down, because I was confident I would be getting the position with fisher. However,I received an amazing offer from another company that was way too good to ignore. The hiring person with Fisher was very nice about my decision to accept an offer with a different company, and even asked if he could keep my name on file for positions in the future. I feel like the long drawn out process there was frustrating, but it was great in the long run because it caused me to hold out for an even better offer!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for fisher?
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why did you work at a company for a short amount of time?
      How do you respond when you cant do what a client asks for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter during a career showcase and secured an interview spot for the next morning. At my in-person interview, the recruiter was very down-to-earth well-articulated. I was asked about the components of my resume and it was clear that she wanted to see how I communicated, what my interests were in the world of finance, and how I came to know Fisher. She answered all of my questions and overall the interview was successful and enjoyable. Mostly a behavioral interview.

From there, I received a call a few weeks later to apply through their company website, and scheduled another phone interview. The phone interview was similar to the in-person one, but slightly more geared towards the breakdown of the company and positions offered. Questions were aimed at which role(s) interested me most and why.

A short second phone interview was scheduled a few weeks later, and upon completion, I received an email to schedule a trip out to Portland, OR/Camas, WA. The hotel accommodations were excellent, the office was beautiful, and the company culture was composed of young, motivated, self-starters in a social setting. After an informational session with a few recruiters and 4 other candidates, I started the interview process. I interviewed for 4 positions: Client Services, Operations, Account Executive, and International UK Client Services. Each interview was relaxed, but serious. Interviews began with resume oriented questions and continued to role specific questions and ethical scenarios.

Overall I would rate 5 stars because I loved the experience.

Interview Questions

• For each resume component, describe your experience.
      Why Fisher Investments? Why finance?
      1 Answer

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The process depends on how they feel about you. Seems as though nobody's process has been the same. They care a great deal about whether or not you will fit well into the company. (Currently waiting to hear back from them). The process has been full of extremely helpful and open-minded individuals

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2015.

Interview

A series of two phone interviews followed by a video interview. After those there came an in house interview in which they fly you out to their office in Camas, Washington.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied it at school career website and the first round interview was phone screening. They asked me general behavior questions and walk through some resume details. The questions were not that hard because it was a screening.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge and how to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A long process but they really take the time to get to know you to make sure that you are a good fit for the company which gives you the opportunity to realize if you are a good fit for them. They want to get to know your experience with leadership as well as how you deal with conflict in the work place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with a couple of weeks in between. Interviews were pretty straight forward, mainly based off resume and some behavioral questions as well. They wanted me to continue the interview process but at a location I was not willing to move to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you experienced conflict with a coworker or client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but any thorough process should be. I haven't been offered a position yet, but I am hoping to receive an offer next week. I started with a phone interview from a recruiter. That was followed up by an office visit and in-person interviews with several teams. I had a background check and a second phone interview. I have another phone interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me someone thing about you that's not on your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume by an employee referral and got a call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After my first phone interview I got a call back and hour later to set up another phone interview the next day with another recruiter. A week later got a phone call to set up an onsite interview. At the onsite I was greeted by an employee who gave me a tour around the building before taking me to the interview floor where I waited for my interviews to begin. I first interviewed with a manger in the Client Service department, then interviewed with Sales Operations, and finally an Account Executive Team Lead. After the onsite interview I got a call back the same day from recruiting to follow up on what positions I was interested in the most and what I thought of the visit. I was told I would hear back in a week. In the meantime I got emails and links to fill out a background check and waited over a week and heard nothing back. After a week and a half had passed I emailed recruiting to follow up on my status and the next day got a call back saying they were still interested and wanted to set up a final phone interview with the Group Vice President. Immediately after the phone interview I was offered the job by the GVP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. I tried but was told that at entry level everyone goes in with the same expectations and salary pay. However depending on your performance you do get bonuses twice a year, that could be up to 20% of your salary.