Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I spoke with a campus recruiter and she encouraged me to apply online - even though I insisted I did not have any interest in investments... she assured me they look outside of finance/econ professionals in order to get a variety of skill sets. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. I went through two phone interviews, almost a month apart, with two separate recruiters. They explained the company (quoted directly from the website) and asked basic info about my schooling and previous work history to get a feel for my personality and skill set. Two hours later I received an email to come in for an in-person interview.

The environment on campus is extremely corporate. They begin with a tour of the campus so you can all the perks the company offers - kitchens on every floor, food trucks, new shiny offices. What stood out to me most was how the majority of employees liked identical - mid 20's, extremely attractive -perfect bodies, women with long straight hair and mini skirts, men in expensive suits. I was slightly uncomfortable because I knew I didn't fit the image they were going for.

I had asked the recruiter if I would interview for multiple positions (since I had read this online) and he insisted it would just be the one I had expressed interest in... wrong. I interviewed with 3 different people for 3 different positions - only one had been discussed with me, so I felt like I was going in blind. I was pretty disappointed in the fact that they openly showed disinterest in my responses to questions. I had shared during my phone interviews that investments was something I didn't desire, or even felt qualified for, and that I preferred something more on the social issues side but they kept insisting Fisher Investments is a great way to help people. When I talked about my past work and current interests each interviewer clearly showed distaste.

Overall the interview was almost 4 hours. They told me they needed to get together to discuss my qualifications and will contact need in 2 weeks. About a week later I received a call from a completely different recruiter who said the company felt like my interests didn't align with theirs and would be be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you think your background will serve Fisher Investments?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruited finding my resume on indeed.com. They emailed me and set up a preliminary phone interview. After that was over, she set up a time and a date with a second phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 45 minutes. After that, he went over things and emailed me back within 24 hours setting up a time to come to their headquarters to interview with two different hiring managers in one day. Each interview lasted about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why business?
      Besides a few questions about the company, the interview questions are very behavior based. They are looking for a culture fit with their company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was the longest one I have been apart of so far. It started all the way back in January where I had my first interview and it just ended now at the end of May. The first interview was mostly behavioral, super casual. Then after two months go by I have a two hour Skype interview. They grill you on what is on your resume and why you feel like you would fit in with Fisher. After that I finally got flown out to the headquarters in Camas, Washington where they give you this royal treatment and to be quite honest make you feel like you already received the job. They go over benefits where you would want to live in Portland, etc. I only had to go on one interview with a manger there and felt like I had absolutely owned it. A month goes by, they call me explaining the company is highly interested in me I just need to be patient. They send me books, they ask me if I've received any offers. All of these attributes lead me to think I am going to receive an offer. Then a month after I was in Camas I receive my final phone call from someone I had never heard from before with poor english, telling me the firm was going in a different direction. I feel it is very unprofessional to not receive a no from at least someone I had originally talked to through this long process. Overall, though the trip to Camas was fun and a good learning process, the fact that it took this company so long to decide I wasn't fit for the company baffles me.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone call. The recruiter was very friendly and conversational. He wanted to know about me and asked me questions from my resume. Basically they want to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit for the company. It was less about FI (although you should do your research) and more about me. He wants to get a better understanding of what your skills are. He was really nice and funny and it was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What motivates you?
      Why FI?
      Why do you think you're good for this role?
      Tell me about your biggest accomplishment.
      Do you have questions for me?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consists of behavioral questions and meeting with a variety of Fisher employees. The interview process includes phone interviews and an on-site interview.The interviewers help you to feel comfortable and is very conversational-based.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Fisher Investments   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but logical. I had a phone interview first, followed by two in-person interviews, followed up by a phone call from the hiring manager to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were working in a group and your opinion differed from the rest of the group.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2016.

Interview

I was not originally interested in applying for the company, but a friend referred me. HR contacted me right away to schedule a phone interview. The 1st phone interview was very brief, and a 2nd phone interview was scheduled right away. The 2nd phone interview was longer, and we discussed my goals and the types of positions I would be interested in. After the 2nd phone interview I was contacted for an on-site interview. Upon arrival, I was given a tour of the buildings. The set up of the buildings was very weird. The buildings are nice, but employees sit right next to each other at long tables, and there is no personal space. It's like they are trying to cram as many employees in as possible. The person I interviewed with was very friendly and engaging. However, it was a very conversational interview, and the questions he asked were compleetly dependent on the answers I gave. After the on-site interview I was contacted to complete a background check, which I passed. After the background check I was contacted to schedule an additional phone interview, with the group VP which went very well. I waited several months after the final phone interview, and still didn't receive an offer. I checked in several times (generally every other week.) I was told that "I was a top priority" and "that everything looked good" and "they were trying to figure out my start dates, and who I would be reporting to." Everything they said led me to believe I was going to be getting the job. During this time period I received several other job offers which I turned down, because I was confident I would be getting the position with fisher. However,I received an amazing offer from another company that was way too good to ignore. The hiring person with Fisher was very nice about my decision to accept an offer with a different company, and even asked if he could keep my name on file for positions in the future. I feel like the long drawn out process there was frustrating, but it was great in the long run because it caused me to hold out for an even better offer!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for fisher?
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why did you work at a company for a short amount of time?
      How do you respond when you cant do what a client asks for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter during a career showcase and secured an interview spot for the next morning. At my in-person interview, the recruiter was very down-to-earth well-articulated. I was asked about the components of my resume and it was clear that she wanted to see how I communicated, what my interests were in the world of finance, and how I came to know Fisher. She answered all of my questions and overall the interview was successful and enjoyable. Mostly a behavioral interview.

From there, I received a call a few weeks later to apply through their company website, and scheduled another phone interview. The phone interview was similar to the in-person one, but slightly more geared towards the breakdown of the company and positions offered. Questions were aimed at which role(s) interested me most and why.

A short second phone interview was scheduled a few weeks later, and upon completion, I received an email to schedule a trip out to Portland, OR/Camas, WA. The hotel accommodations were excellent, the office was beautiful, and the company culture was composed of young, motivated, self-starters in a social setting. After an informational session with a few recruiters and 4 other candidates, I started the interview process. I interviewed for 4 positions: Client Services, Operations, Account Executive, and International UK Client Services. Each interview was relaxed, but serious. Interviews began with resume oriented questions and continued to role specific questions and ethical scenarios.

Overall I would rate 5 stars because I loved the experience.

Interview Questions

• For each resume component, describe your experience.
      Why Fisher Investments? Why finance?   1 Answer

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The process depends on how they feel about you. Seems as though nobody's process has been the same. They care a great deal about whether or not you will fit well into the company. (Currently waiting to hear back from them). The process has been full of extremely helpful and open-minded individuals

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2015.

Interview

A series of two phone interviews followed by a video interview. After those there came an in house interview in which they fly you out to their office in Camas, Washington.