Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR to schedule a phone interview. The individual who interviewed me was very friendly and made the call much more conversational rather than question based. It was focused on behavioral and character traits.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions where character and behavioral based. They did ask why you are interested in Fisher Investments (but that is an obvious question).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Met with them at my university's career showcase. Got scheduled for an in person interview for the following week. Campus recruiting, on campus interviews. Very conversational, they mostly ask personal questions relating to your resume. Their internship is highly selective since they cap it to 30-40 interns and hire 1-2 students from each university.

Interview Questions

• Not many, they just want to know who you are and what you're passionate about   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Mostly questions you would expect in any interview. To give you a heads up they asked what I knew about the company which I had a list of in front of me for the phone interview just in case they asked me that question but didn't bother going over things that I thought would sound cliche thinking he's probably heard it hundreds of times now so I kept it to the successes and bigger clientele and listed a least the 15 different things that I noted "important" but the interviewer I guess wanted me to give him the start to finish cause he went over the things I just passed off in my notes afterwards.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after applying online. The recruiter wanted to set up a phone interview, but could not schedule anything within 3 weeks. The phone interview was relatively basic and mostly was interested in employment/ experience and knowledge on the background on FI. There was time allotted for questions at the end, and it is very important to have prepared 5-7 things to ask the recruiter. They try to make the job sound difficult to the point of almost turning you off to it, so it's pretty important to continues to stay enthused for the position. Overall, it's a pretty painless interview but adequate preparation is key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The process took 1.5 months. I came into contact with a recruiter at mt college career fair and scheduled an interview for the next morning. I received an invitation to go to an on site interview in the company's Camas, WA location two weeks after the initial interview. I spent two nights in Washington where I interviewed with three managers, toured the office, and was taken on a private bus tour of nearby Portland, Oregon.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

In early April I was contacted for an initial phone interview. I was later contacted that I would be flown out to Camas, WA for Campus Bring Back Day. The whole process took roughly 4 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

xwent through 7 interviews, 4 phone, 3 in person, could do this job blindfolded, didn't get an offer, have significant brokerage experience, trading, management etc. Cannot imagine why i didn't get an offer, was positive in all aspects

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

The process took 3+ months from when I originally met them at a campus career fair in January. From there, I had a one on one meeting with a recruiter, which was an easy conversation, basic behavior questions, then had a phone conversation with a recruiter, which was slightly more involved. The questions he asked were behavior but also, tell me about a time when....or how have you challenged yourself...etc.

After that, I was invited to their 2nd round interview in Camas Washington. They fly you up, put you in a nice hotel, take care of you. The interviews are 4, 45 minute individual interviews. You are usually pretty dead by the end of the whole thing. I had a really positive time and enjoyed all the people I had conversations with. They also give you a presentation about their benefits and the company philosophy.

Afterwards they take you out on a bus tour of Portland, and out to dinner and drinks. All very nice.

I made the mistake of telling them I had another job offer that I needed to respond to. I got a phone call, the weekend after I got back, telling me that because I had an outstanding offer with another company, they decided not to move forward. Frankly, I was hugely insulted.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your close friends would say is a negative attribute about you and how would you explain it otherwise.   1 Answer

Client Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Interview

Easy initial interview with recruiter in my area, very basic behavioral questions. Then they flew me out to their office in Washington State for follow up. Again, basic and nothing unexpected. All interview questions were already posted here. I actually liked the company and the culture, but after interviewing there was radio silence for 3 days. I had another offer expiring, which they were aware of and still didnt respond to calls or emails. They made me an offer less than 4 hours before expiration of my other opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out, most behavioral: how would you deal with difficult management, etc.   Answer Question

Salary substantially below market value.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my University. First interview was a phone interview which was a very basic behavioral interview. Nothing tricky about it, just be yourself. He only asked me questions for about 15 minutes and then the next 15 minutes I was asking questions. He gave me an overview of the position and workday.
    I'm still in the interview process.

Interview Questions

See What Fisher Investments Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “If you have over the phone sales experience and are very confident in your sales experience- this is worth the shot. This is the only role at the firm who is only required to work 40 hours...”“If you have over the phone sales experience and are very confident in your sales experience- this is worth the shot. This is the only role at the firm who is only required to work 40 hours per week. You're not allowed to work a single minute over that. The best thing about this role is the culture of the department. It is exactly like Wolf of Wall street but a more G rated group. There are about 120 people on the floor with maybe 5-10 of them being women. This job is a glorified telemarketing job. You can make a lot of money doing it but you're cold calling prospects who have once upon a time ordered the CEO's books. This includes people who have ordered the material from today to 15 years ago. You're expected to make about 200-400 calls a day and will hopefully speak to 20 people to then set a meeting with how many ever are willing to with one of our Outside Sales People (who closes the sale). You just make the initial call, schedule the meeting and then do as the OSP tells you after the first meeting. The base salary is 30k, all deals you have are at least 500k. For an AE, your commission rate is .00125%. So if you set a meeting for a guy with 1million dollars and IF the OSP closes the deal, you pocket about $1,250.00. Keep in mind commissions are taxed pretty heavily in general. For this role the recruiters will sell you really really hard on this role and the 'uncapped commission'. This is an extremely difficult job. Most people do not get their first deal until 3-6 months of doing the job. Most people by their first year have about 10-20 deals.. if management doesn't kick you out by then. With that, do not expect coming into the job and making the potential right away. For those who are moving for this job- take that into consideration that you might be living off 30k for a while and with commission, nothing is guaranteed. The training process they give you for this role is about 2-3 weeks will additional help always being offered. This is the highest turn over job at the firm. If you are good enough to stick through 5-6 months, they will start having you study for the series 65. They provide online classes, the study book, and the test no cost to you. They have a rule to where if you cannot pass it in 3 tries, you're let go from the firm. I knew many people who this happened to. Overall, if you're taking a huge salary hit to take this job or are sacrificing a lot (moving to this side of the country)... this is an extremely risky job, security and income wise.” – Full Review