Fisher Investments Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Met rep at a college career fair, the interview took place the next day. The interview was very relaxed with a couple of behavioral questions but mostly just a presentation about the company. Felt like they didn't actually care that much about getting to know me, instead they were just trying to sell the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you have succeeded when other's have failed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in November 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus at career fair, he gave my resume to HR. Heard back in 2 months saying I had a phone interview. Very easy, friendly, informative interview. Typical behavioral questions, no technical. Said I would hear back in 2-3 Weeks on their decision.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair in the Fall. I was extended an interview for the following day with that same recruiter. She took a picture of me resume and asked me a few basic behavioral questions. It lasted around 15 minutes. She also asked me to walk her through my resume and questions about my prior employment.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced failure?
      When was a time you led a team?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions that deal with how you responded in certain situations. Also, know your resume up and down because they will ask you questions about anything on there. The interviews at Fisher are meant to be more of a conversation rather than an interview and that is really how they felt, the people are friendly and very easy to build rapport with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you needed to be a leader?
      Describe BLANK on your resume?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in April 2016.

Interview

2 Round Behavioral phone interview. Looking for fit in cultural values and integrity. Want to see how hard working and motivated you are. Also looking to see if you are willing to relocate to Washington.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your university? What is the most challenging thing you've done throughout your college career? Give an example of an innovation you have worked on   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2016.

Interview

First interview is over the phone with HR. Final interview was over the phone with someone from one of the departments you might be working in. The guy was a jerk but got an offer anyway

Better offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter calls you for a phone interview. Most of the questions ask about your interests and behavorial questions. There were no technical questions that I recall, but they will try to push you into doing sales. I don't think Fisher actually offers any internships where you actually build skills needed for high finance. I did not advance past the phone screen because I didn't want to do sales.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, took about a couple weeks to hear back. In person interview to follow but did not receive call back. The recruiter was very nice but very structured interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Interview

They'll meet you on campus, ask for a resume, and may ask for you to apply online. You'll either have an in-person interview or a phone interview. They take their time getting back to you (later found out my recruiter was fired since he wasn't timely on anything - so it may not reflect everyone). Mostly behavioral based questions. They're looking for a company fit and also someone who can get the Fisher name out on their campus.

Interview Questions

• Greatest failure and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    • Walk through your resume and ask about specific events/tasks you performed.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

General questions. Ask me questions straight through resume. No behavioral questions.