Fisher Investments Investments Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.7

185 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on campus, the next day I had an interview. Very basic questions then a lot of talking about themselves
I didn't hear back until almost a month and a half later, I got a phone call asking to set up a phone interview. Again very basic questions
then more of them explaining the company. A week later I got an email saying they were flying me out to Camus, WA. I stayed there for two days total
this was the strange part.
I got a 15 minute tour by someone who was hired 5 months ago, pretty basic then lead me into interview room where my schedule who who was interviewing me and what department and when was on the door. The interview room was all glass windows so everyone working on the floor could see you. First guy came in asked pretty simple STAR questions but challenged every answer I gave, it threw me off. I had 3 interviews all with maybe 5 minutes in between. It was a very intense atmosphere. At the end I found out each interviewer scores you on a specific thing. You can only get an offer if you score high enough with everyone you interview with that day. So even if you do great and have a great connection with one manager but the other one doesn't find you to be a good fit you will not get an offer. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in the north west before   Answer Question
  • explain to me why I should care about something that your passionate about   Answer Question
  • explain a time where you thought everything was going right, then due to the customer it was wrong (strange question)   Answer Question
  • How do you handle a difficult customer/situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Investment Associate Interview

Interview

They explained the position and then asked me a few questions and then said they would get back to me in a week or two. Overall not a lot of questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Applied for an investment associate and was flown out to Camas, WA to interview in person for three roles that were NOT what I applied for. Continued with the process after seeing some possibility for the client service rep role, and eventually talked with the VP and got an offer from him. Two weeks later, when they were supposed to send me details of the offer they told me I actually had no offer. I explained I had been given an offer, they were "sorry for the miscommunication" usually it required a chat with the VP before getting an offer. I explained I DID in fact talk with the VP, and when I was supposed to talk to him a second time, I was rescheduled FOUR TIMES for a 15 minute phone call that I ended up never getting. Overall a sloppy company with no dedication to its values. Also was disappointed when I went to their office and saw NO people of color, only white males with a scattering of women. Require a 50 hour work week, and to work overtime to meet those 50 hours even if work is accomplished and no overtime pay.

Interview Questions

• Why fisher investments? What do you know about our history?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Gainesville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my campus' careers website. It was just a generic application (i.e., not for a specific type of role). A few weeks later, I received an email with instructions on how to set up a 30-minute phone interview. The interview was also generic; they're just trying to get an idea of what you like and then pair you with a similar type of role in the company. I have an info systems background, and she mentioned that those roles are particularly competitive to get. She was very nice, though, and the interview consisted of just basic behavioral questions. Make sure you know a little bit about what Fisher does and why you want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about FIsher, explain your background, walk me through your resume, have you ever experienced a time when... (typical behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call with HR rep. I‎t was rather brief with simple behavioral questions. Was contacted two weeks later about scheduling a date and time to meet with company officials on Skype-like program

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Phone call that was mainly behavioral questions; lasted about 30 minutes and was a way to explain more about the role. Pretty easy process overall, but job was not for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Austin, TX).

Interview

I got the interview straight from a coffee chat on my campus. Hadn't applied for the job or really researched it much but the recruiter was very informative. The interview itself was very straightforward. Strictly behavioral.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview about your interest and the company. 2 Phone interviews - 1 General and 1 fit interview and then interview in San Fran or Portland office. Pretty laid back and relaxed.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I was contacted via Linkedin and I eventually passed the phone screening.

After a few weeks, I was invited for an on-site interview. I came prepared with company knowledge, dressed up in a suit and put on a big smile.

I felt that I interviewed well and that I had enough experience in other industries that would help me gain an offer at Fisher.

All three of my interviewers were conducted by White males (2/3 being Ashkenazi). I had a zero chance of being extended an offer, as I did not particularly fit within their racial standards. At one point, I felt uncomfortable because the last interviewer asked about how I learned Arabic, even though they never cared to ask about my Spanish skills.

Lastly, the HR team took me on a tour of the San Mateo office and considering all six floors, I did not see one Black, Asian or Latino person working within their building. Basically, 99 percent was either White Christian or White Ashkenazi, which is actually normal for the Finance industry.

The HR later called me to ask me about my interview. I told relayed to them the lack of diversity that was evident there, and how this is shameful considering the Bay Area is one of the most diverse regions in the US. The HR person stated ,"we care about diversity and...". Basically a bunch of lip service. I was quite baffled as to how much the HR person was lying, especially after I just finished walking around their entire building and seeing only one race sitting there working next to each other at their tables.

If you interview at Fisher, be prepared to be interviewed by one certain race/religion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an issue at work?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

The Interview was brief, and the recruiter primarily described the available positions. I was asked basic questions like what interested me about the company, etc. Overall it was very easygoing.