Fisher Investments Investments Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Investments Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Pullman, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very structured interview with some unique questions. The Interviewers give you much more information about the roles since it is an entry level position. They stress education a lot so it would be good to talk about that.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a salary range   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a member of the HR department. The interview was not very difficult and the interviewer was very friendly. She asked what I knew about the company and then some standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you messed up at work and had to admit your mistake to the boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Initial contact with Fisher happened at a university career fair followed by one phone interview and one video interview. The final round of interviews took place at HQ in Camas, WA.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with capital markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to an info session and met the people that would be potentially interviewing you, good way to get to know about the company as well. Went to their booth at the career fair a couple days later and they had a system to register people for interviews there that would take place the day after. Went for a 30 min interview at the career center the next day with a manager. He didn't really ask me anything. It was really just a conversation and a chance for me to ask questions and show that I had done my research. I think its a bit of personality fit testing as well. A couple weeks later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me more questions about what kind of role I would want at Fisher. Sounded like she wanted to get to know my interests well so that she could place me in the right position within the Investment Associate bundle. She called again about a week later to set up a final interview in San Mateo but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

The first round was easy. The person I spoke to was very friendly and joked around instead of asking the questions like a robot. They asked about any conflict you've had in, more speciifcally in a group. They also wanted to know why you wanted to work at Fisher so make sure you have a unique answer for that.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2017.

Interview

got a call for phone interview..it was a conversation for about 15-20 mins. interview was good . interviewer was good as well. behavioral questions were asked. it was a good experience. got a reply after a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Simple phone interview. Not that many difficult question, more of behavioral. It more of a relaxed conversational experience with the interviewer trying to get you know you as a person as oppsoed to an employee

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

The interview process was very well structured and helped me learn a lot about the company and the positions available. Began with a phone interview where I had a great chat and then three rounds of onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an onsite interview. Got the impression they were trying to meet some kind of quota and not interested in actually hiring as interview process was rather expictided and impersonal. Didn't spell my name right.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about explaining difficult topics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview, then proceeded to have an over the phone and Skype interview. After these three steps, they flew me out to Camas, WA for in-person interviews. The super day consisted of a tour of the office, lunch, and 3-4 interviews. After that I had one follow-up phone call with a hiring manager.

Overall, the process was pretty straightforward. The questions prior to the super day seemed very canned and unenthusiastic. A majority of the interview was them pitching Fisher to the candidate and describing the positions. The questions during the in-person interviews seemed more holistic and flowed with the conversation, which was a nice change of pace. The whole process has been pretty average, and could be greatly improved by the speed at which HR seems to operate.

Interview Questions

• Why FI? Why did you apply for xyz position? Why did you go to the university of ___? Why did you major in ___?   Answer Question