Fisher Investments Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Talent recruiter contacted me, had a phone interview, and then an on-site interview. I felt great about the interview. It went really well I thought. I studied a lot about the company, prepared questions and even checked out books on investing. Guess it wasn't enough..didn't ask why they decided not to hire me because I was too upset. Definitely felt blindsided.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, if that goes well they will follow up with another call to schedule an in-person interview.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in November 2015.

Interview

First found out about the position through college career fair and told me to apply online. Contacted by a Recruiter after filling out an online application. Sent me more forms to fill out then scheduled an interview at their office. Almost two weeks after the office interview, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Starts with application through a job posting site, then if interested you will get a phone call to set up phone interview, if that goes well then you will be contacted to have an in person interview within a week or two and afterwards if desirable you will fill out a reference and FINRA check form, then you conduct an interview and based on your desirability you can get follow on background checks the same day. If all goes well you're looking at a 2 week to 1 month process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly straightforward, as FI knows what qualities they're looking for in people. They primarily ask questions about you and your background while they're simultaneously matching you with the role.

Interview Questions

• What was a task in a previous job that seemed ambiguous, and how did you find the clarity to complete that task?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was a very straightforward process. You first will do a phone interview and if you qualify you will receive a call to do an in person interview. They care a lot about what your goals and where you see yourself within the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was unprepared for the interview however, I noticed that the interviewer was highly interested in how I was a competitive person. I got a call back and tomorrow will be going in for an in person interview. I have been told by advisers that Fisher Investments is highly competitive and look for that in their potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• How how you maintained your current GPA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Woodside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

One phone screen then one in-person interview. Pretty basic questions and the hiring managers are very friendly. They are looking more to see how well you fit into the Fisher culture, not necessarily how technically skilled you are. They do lots of on job training. I had heard they are slow in this process, but they went pretty quick for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Did a quick phone screening and was asked to go in for a face interview. The interview itself was around an hour. Talked to the person who I would be under, then to the recruiting manager. They asked some basic questions about my background, gave a description of the role and what I would be doing, then went over some company policies. After a quick background check, I was offered the job. Very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your previous experiences and how have they prepared you for the role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews to go through before having an in person interview. The first phone interview went fine but the individual administering the second interview completely forgot about it. It was frustrating trying to work out another time to have the second interview. The in person interview was three mini interviews with different department members.

Interview Questions

• They gave an example of a husband and wife that were both on their portfolio. The husband and wife disagreed on what they should do with their portfolio. The interviewer wanted to know what I would do in this situation.   Answer Question