Fisher Investments Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Marketing Associate Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I only made it to the phone interview, but it was straight forward and the interviewer was very friendly. Questions were more about me and less situational than I had prepared for. If you go through the interview section on here you will be well prepared. I do have to say that similar to others on here she made it seem like I was definitely going to get a call back telling me I did very well on the phone interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Learned of Fisher through a career fair, was invited to interview with a hiring manager the next day. This was followed up with a call from a hiring manager I hadn't met who asked me to complete an online application. A few days later, I was called and invited to come interview in Portland, at a day long interview event for college students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your biggest failure in college.   1 Answer

Location and unease with the company vibe.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone from HR, a recruiter, standard walk me through your resume, I didn't remember applying to the job! Then there was a second phone interview with a manager in the department, standard tell me about your background questions, asked about what I ultimately wanted to do, why I was interested in my field of focus, what made me a unique applicant, and why they should consider me over others.
    Then there was an on-site interview, they helped arrange travel which was nice. At the on-site i met with several people, they didn't let me know in advance how many sessions I would be attending so I was there several hours and starving. I would have planned differently had I known. At the on-site they were all very pleasant. More standard, why you questions, more depth into specific background experiences. At no point in the interview did they mention their 50hr work week requirements, I had to learn that from reviews of the company and confirmed it with the person who gave me a tour of the office. The office itself is falling apart and old, looks like it was designed in the 80's. They favor an open office environment so there is absolutely no privacy or peace and quiet.
    After the on-site there was another phone interview where I was put through the wringer. Lots of tough questions about my professional style.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you have done and what is the most innovative thing you have done? Give me real world examples. What did you like least about your last manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Got a call that lasted about 5 minutes telling me they were interested so we set up a phone interview for a week later. In this call they asked me when I could start, what my GPA was, etc.

Next interview was about 30-45 minutes and they asked me on my work experience and school project experience that I had in a group projects setting. They asked questions about the company so learn a bit about them. They also asked why you want to work there and why that position.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you completed in the past that will help with this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by third party service after submitting resume online. Three phone interviews. One site visit with three hours meeting various people. One more phone call. Everyone is super friendly and intelligent. Though they are growing and want to hire people, they are still filtering out the bums that don't know anything about the history of the company, the demands of the profession, or the willingness to join a respectful team environment.

Interview Questions

• Those follow-up questions after providing an off-the-cuff BS rambling answer to a generic question; better to stick to simple answers delivered clearly and to the point.   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't negotiate. but probably could have...

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

1st call from a recruiter then a 2nd more comprehensive interview with the head of marketing. The questions that were asked were how relevant my experience were in regards with what he was hiring for. He also explained the position and exactly what they are looking for (ie. someone with experience with snail mail marketing/ email marketing, etc). Overall easy interview but know your strengths beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions such as can you create an email marketing campaign from scratch? Are you well versed in photoshop?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview, follow-up interview with supervisor and team manager, then followed up with two separate interviews with LVP and VP on the same day (not notified in advance that would be interviewed by the two VPs seperately.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Found position on career site, applied with resume and cover letter. Had an HR phone screen, followed by a phone interview with managers. Once they decided to move me to the next round, they conducted a thorough background check. After that, I went in for an in-person interview with managers and VP.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Mostly about background, both relevant and otherwise. Everyone was very nice and professional.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with two people from the Marketing Department, one of them did all the talking and the other was just an empty seat. Fisher ended up finding my resume on Monster and called me to set up a phone interview, ended up with 35 minutes of grilling me why I'm leaving my current job, leaving me 10 minutes for me to ask questions. They seem to be interested in more about how to run the company that I was working for, (which is a small business) than the position I was being interviewed for.

I was told the services they sell are geared towards people with 500k+, most of those people are in retirement (not facebook and twitter gurus) I was given conflicting information about how they actually sell their products, good ol' boy's network tactics and cold mailing to pry on old timers sounded more believable.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question
    • If your your not satisfied with your current job, why doesn't your employer just hire another person?   1 Answer