Fisher Investments Regional Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with Fisher Representatives at a career fair. The recruitment team was great about answering my questions, and they have been great throughout the entire process. Some of the interview questions were interesting in that many of the questions focus on your areas of weakness and how you can improve them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you weren't able to follow through on a commitment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Columbia, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

First spoke to Fisher at a campus job fair. I was contacted for a 30 minute interview. The next step was a video interview. I was contacted that I did not receive the job one week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you couldn't follow through with a commitment you previously made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very, very long. Took them forever to decide. I applied in December 2015, didn't hear back from them until late in May, and got the offer in June. I was dissatisfied by their level of communication with me. I often felt like I didn't know what was going on because it took forever to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you overcame in a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was a little lengthy. I started with an on-campus interview, had a 3 hour video interview, a phone interview, and then they finally flew me out to Portland for an in-person interview. It was pretty low-stress, everyone was very nice. It was nice that they did not expect your to have finance experience; they recognize good candidates and see who is and who isn't teachable, and as such, they focus on things like your work ethic, leadership, proven success, attitude, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer being recognized for your success in front of your entire team or would you rather receive recognition for your success through a bonus?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First they call you then they say hello, they then ask you what you like to do. This is cool because they then ask you to come out and look at their nice shop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university job database, had 2 phone interviews, then they flew me out to interview on campus. This was a negative experience because after taking time off work, flying across the country, going through 4 interviews in 1 day, and then not getting an offer they wouldn't give me any feedback on where I went wrong. An honest few sentences about where I fell short would have been a nice courtesy after I put all that time and effort into interviewing. Yes, I am a little bitter because I was passed up for an offer but before that happened, my initial impression of most of the people who interviewed me was that they didn't seem like the brightest crayons in the box. One of the managers actually told me that she doesn't pay any attention to the stock market. At another point I asked a technical question about something Ken Fisher said and the interviewer obviously didn't know the answer and bluffed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A Recruitment Consultant approached me with the opportunity having read my CV. Went to the offices in the West End, met with an American on meeting me his first facial reaction showed surprise on seeing me.

He then went on to ask me about my sales experience ( 25 years in the business) and qualifications ( Diploma in Professional Sales with the ISMM & Diploma in Investment Advice with the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment and a Bachelors in Arts - Economics Politics and History) after a few other questions he declared that he believed that I have not got the right experience in Sales in terms of sales skills.

Having looked around the office it was clear that all things being equal - Hiring a Black Man was not going to happen.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Sales and do you have knowledge financial services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied though their website and was invited for a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes to discuss the role and motivation for this specific role. The final stage was a one-to-one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fisher Investment? Why do you want to work in sales? Asked questions based on my CV and previous work experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was emailed initially, and spoke to someone in HR to set up a time for a phone interview a few days on. Interview was over the phone lasted about 25 minutes. Called on time which was a good sign. Just a general chat about past experience and going through my CV. Asked questions about previous employment and experience gained at university.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have shown good attention to detail.   Answer Question