Fisher Investments Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. First had a phone screening with a recruiter from the Camas office (that's where they recruit from). General questions and it lasted about 15 minutes. Passed the screening, and then was contacted for a phone interview three weeks later. The phone interview held basic interview questions and was rather enjoyable, definitely had things in common with the man interviewing me and they showed interest in what I had to say. This lasted about 35 minutes. A week later I was invited to the San Mateo location for an on-site interview, and they offered to fly me up which was terrific. First part of the interview consisted of sitting down with two members from different teams (one was a manager of the RFP team while the other was from the Marketing team). It seemed as though the managers who are assigned to interview you are determined by 'fit' from your phone interview. As a side note, I had applied for multiple positions, none of them being within RFP or Marketing. Anyways, the two managers asked questions any interviewee should expect. However, since the questions were rather basic and only aiming to expose whether the interviewee truly wants the job while being a good culture fit, it is essential that you impress even with the most basic of questions, especially since they interview many candidates. The two guys were nice and were definitely curious as to my background and what I had to say. This part lasted about 1 hour. After this part of the interview, I went into another room for a Skype interview, where interviewed a manager for Research implementation in Camas. Yet again the questions were generally the same. The guy seemed like he was in a rush, even though he was kind and attentive. The Skype interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got an email and a call about two weeks later that I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you have read recently?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond on a task.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you fell short and how you rebounded from it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied though their website. I interviewed with 2 different people it is formal interview. basically personal questions about your experience and they will go over and ask questions regarding your resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me more about yourself>?
      Q" Why you choose us?
      Q: What do you know about Fisher Investments   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

There were multiple stages to the interview process. There were a total of three interview. A phone interview, a Skype interview, and an onsite interview. The phone interview was fairly short and pretty simple. The Skype interview was longer and I talked with people from multiple departments. The onsite interview was a great experience. They flew me out to Portland, paid for all expenses, and gave an on site tour. The interview onsite was not very difficult, a few more in depth questions on experience and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in Excel?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Fisher Investments?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR. HR was really nice, and asked generic behavioral questions. "Tell me about yourself", "Internship experience", "Leadership in student organizations"

Got called back in a week with HR saying that I was rejected.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and about a week later I got a random call asking me if I was available to do an on-campus interview the following week. I arrived at the interview and was greeted by the interviewer, a nice man in his mid-thirties. He asked me standard interview questions. All in all, the interview was pleasant and i thought I did well, but I guess not well enough!

Interview Questions

• Although everyone says that companies will often ask, "what is your biggest flaw" etc., no interview I've ever had has asked me this, including this one.   Answer Question