Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.7

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to an info session and met the people that would be potentially interviewing you, good way to get to know about the company as well. Went to their booth at the career fair a couple days later and they had a system to register people for interviews there that would take place the day after. Went for a 30 min interview at the career center the next day with a manager. He didn't really ask me anything. It was really just a conversation and a chance for me to ask questions and show that I had done my research. I think its a bit of personality fit testing as well. A couple weeks later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me more questions about what kind of role I would want at Fisher. Sounded like she wanted to get to know my interests well so that she could place me in the right position within the Investment Associate bundle. She called again about a week later to set up a final interview in San Mateo but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy. They mostly looked for fit and not your actual skills. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Though, I felt like I was being attacked at times for majoring in philosophy. One interviewer asked me a ridiculous question on politics that I felt was inappropriate. Pretty much he thought because I was majoring in philosophy, I would engage clients on their political views, while conducting business.

Interview Questions

• What's something I didn't ask you that you were prepared for?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone interview, asked basic questions about your resume. Vey easy to talk to. Got back to you in a week after the phone interview. Very straightforward. Asked a few behavioral questions as well.

RVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process nothing out of ordinary, phone screen interview and then once they would like to interview in process flown out to tour site and interview in person back to back 4 people

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They started with phone screening where I was asked technical questions related to OOPS.
    I then had a hacker rank coding challenge followed by onsite interview. I met team engineers who interviewed me on technical questions based on my skills. Most of them were scenario based related to security and high volume of data. Team members were polite and courteous.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied it at school career website and the first round interview was phone screening. They asked me general behavior questions and walk through some resume details. The questions were not that hard because it was a screening.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge and how to overcome it?   Answer Question

Institutional Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls with two different recruiters. Heard back in a week or 2. Then a third phone call from the first recruiter that lets you know if the hiring managers want to interview you in person or not. The interviews were not difficult, however the questions were somewhat unusual

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with a couple of weeks in between. Interviews were pretty straight forward, mainly based off resume and some behavioral questions as well. They wanted me to continue the interview process but at a location I was not willing to move to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you experienced conflict with a coworker or client.   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very slow process that took almost 2 months. They called nearly a month after I sent in my resume asking to schedule an interview. It took them so long to contact me I had to review the company as I forgot I had applied. They had a VP interview me first for a different position then the one I applied for, though he did not tell me what position it was. At the end he simply left, not leaving me anytime for questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a situation you faced diversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically go through your resume. And they will ask you why do you want to work at Fisher investment? depended on your answer, you will be ask following question related, like what motivated you in study. Finally, you can ask the question that you want to know about them, always be prepareed with that. good luck!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at there   1 Answer