Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

initial phone was interview was conducted by a recruiter who gave a general overview of the position and what it entailed then asked about my background and skills. At the end of the call I was given time to ask any questions I had.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and a week later had a phone interview. The interview discussed my background and my interest in Fisher. A few weeks later I went in for an on-site interview. I met with several employees from three different departments. A couple of weeks later I had one more phone interview where they made their final decision. The whole process took a month and a half

Interview Questions

• What does Fisher Investments do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

4 Standard Phone Interviews with 4 Different People. Want to know your closing and sales skills. Then a face to face in San Francisco. Very disappointing taking a tour of facility to see virtual no visible minorities. This was a red flag. They have no physical office space in Canada. How will you convince investors to invest their 500K with no Canadian presence when someone has to compete with the Big 6 banks etc.... Wrong approach. May work in the US but not with conservative Canadians

Interview Questions

• What is your close ratio? What would your supervisor say about you? Tell me about anything that I should know that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First, getting to the building was a hassle if you do not have a car. Everyone I met was very kind and courteous. You sign in at the front desk and then they take you to one of a few glass wall interview rooms. You speak to two or three people. They explain the benefit packages and answer all questions. The office itself seems heavily male dominated .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to an info session and met the people that would be potentially interviewing you, good way to get to know about the company as well. Went to their booth at the career fair a couple days later and they had a system to register people for interviews there that would take place the day after. Went for a 30 min interview at the career center the next day with a manager. He didn't really ask me anything. It was really just a conversation and a chance for me to ask questions and show that I had done my research. I think its a bit of personality fit testing as well. A couple weeks later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me more questions about what kind of role I would want at Fisher. Sounded like she wanted to get to know my interests well so that she could place me in the right position within the Investment Associate bundle. She called again about a week later to set up a final interview in San Mateo but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy. They mostly looked for fit and not your actual skills. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Though, I felt like I was being attacked at times for majoring in philosophy. One interviewer asked me a ridiculous question on politics that I felt was inappropriate. Pretty much he thought because I was majoring in philosophy, I would engage clients on their political views, while conducting business.

Interview Questions

• What's something I didn't ask you that you were prepared for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone interview, asked basic questions about your resume. Vey easy to talk to. Got back to you in a week after the phone interview. Very straightforward. Asked a few behavioral questions as well.

RVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process nothing out of ordinary, phone screen interview and then once they would like to interview in process flown out to tour site and interview in person back to back 4 people

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They started with phone screening where I was asked technical questions related to OOPS.
    I then had a hacker rank coding challenge followed by onsite interview. I met team engineers who interviewed me on technical questions based on my skills. Most of them were scenario based related to security and high volume of data. Team members were polite and courteous.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied it at school career website and the first round interview was phone screening. They asked me general behavior questions and walk through some resume details. The questions were not that hard because it was a screening.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge and how to overcome it?   Answer Question