Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Flew out to San Mateo for an interview a week later. Was given a tour (the building was practically empty) and then interviewed for two positions online in their office. Strange to be flown out to interview online and not in person but everyone I met was genuine. Very easy interview, the positions were not exactly what I would like to do though.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online replying to a job board posting
    Turnaround response time almost one month to include resume submission and wait time
    Overall process very long in comparison to other companies for early interview stages

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to an info session and met the people that would be potentially interviewing you, good way to get to know about the company as well. Went to their booth at the career fair a couple days later and they had a system to register people for interviews there that would take place the day after. Went for a 30 min interview at the career center the next day with a manager. He didn't really ask me anything. It was really just a conversation and a chance for me to ask questions and show that I had done my research. I think its a bit of personality fit testing as well. A couple weeks later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me more questions about what kind of role I would want at Fisher. Sounded like she wanted to get to know my interests well so that she could place me in the right position within the Investment Associate bundle. She called again about a week later to set up a final interview in San Mateo but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Formal Interview Process.
    First was a telephonic round with a recruiter. After 2-3 weeks, I heard back about an onsite interview. The on-site was very formal and lasted for about 5 hours. Met people from 5 different departments. Questions were generic, mostly about previous work experience.
    Also about how much we know and understand about Fisher Culture.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher?
      Knowing of SQL and excel.
      A real life case study and attempt to solve their current business problem in the JD.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview with me, and it was very pleasant. My interviewer asked me about my resume and then gave me the option of having other entry level positions on the table for me if this one didn't work out. She said that they'd get back to me within 1-2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an onsite interview. Got the impression they were trying to meet some kind of quota and not interested in actually hiring as interview process was rather expictided and impersonal. Didn't spell my name right.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about explaining difficult topics.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy. They mostly looked for fit and not your actual skills. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Though, I felt like I was being attacked at times for majoring in philosophy. One interviewer asked me a ridiculous question on politics that I felt was inappropriate. Pretty much he thought because I was majoring in philosophy, I would engage clients on their political views, while conducting business.

Interview Questions

• What's something I didn't ask you that you were prepared for?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter before going to their San Mateo offices for an in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. I had a tour of their offices before meeting with each individual.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be judged on one thing, what would it be?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview was extremely causal... Very behavior/conversational, they really just want to get to know you and your resume/background. The next Skype interview was very similar format... Some situational questions but again very casual. They then flew me out to the San Mateo office (flight, hotel both paid for). Had 3 interviews with managers of three different groups. Nothing too intimidating, everyone was extremely kind and these too were very much behavioral / situational questions. A couple weeks went by when I heard from a VP of one of the groups I met with in person, very causal/conversational, he just wanted to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the firm and at the end of the phone call he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed... What happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone interview, asked basic questions about your resume. Vey easy to talk to. Got back to you in a week after the phone interview. Very straightforward. Asked a few behavioral questions as well.