Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Formal Interview Process.
    First was a telephonic round with a recruiter. After 2-3 weeks, I heard back about an onsite interview. The on-site was very formal and lasted for about 5 hours. Met people from 5 different departments. Questions were generic, mostly about previous work experience.
    Also about how much we know and understand about Fisher Culture.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher?
      Knowing of SQL and excel.
      A real life case study and attempt to solve their current business problem in the JD.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an onsite interview. Got the impression they were trying to meet some kind of quota and not interested in actually hiring as interview process was rather expictided and impersonal. Didn't spell my name right.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about explaining difficult topics.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter before going to their San Mateo offices for an in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. I had a tour of their offices before meeting with each individual.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be judged on one thing, what would it be?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview was extremely causal... Very behavior/conversational, they really just want to get to know you and your resume/background. The next Skype interview was very similar format... Some situational questions but again very casual. They then flew me out to the San Mateo office (flight, hotel both paid for). Had 3 interviews with managers of three different groups. Nothing too intimidating, everyone was extremely kind and these too were very much behavioral / situational questions. A couple weeks went by when I heard from a VP of one of the groups I met with in person, very causal/conversational, he just wanted to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the firm and at the end of the phone call he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed... What happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First, phone screen for recruiter. Then, phone call with two analysts. Then, phone call with two managers. Finally, in person interview with analysts and hiring manager. Offer was made, and rescinded less than 48 hours later. No reasons given whatsoever for rescinding the offer.

Interview Questions

• Case study related to improving website performance. How to evaluate results of A/B test. Open ended. SQL test. Discussion about the role and the types of work that is done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Although the job details have been vague, the process has been straight forward and easy to navigate. Initial application was a cover letter and resume. Received an acknowledgement email and a week later an email indicating that the company was interested in a phone interview but due to high application volume it would take some time to connect. A week later I had a preliminary phone interview to make sure I could hold a proper conversation. That was followed by another phone interview with the primary recruiter to discuss basic skills and what I was looking for. On that call, the recruiter decided that it would be prudent to take next steps to set up a video call a few days later. The video call focused on my prior experience and how it pertains to what I am looking for moving forward. At this point, the recruiter liked what she had heard and decided to fly me across the country ( I live in DC) to the San Mateo office to meet with hiring managers for three different positions. The process has been rather prompt and everyone I have interacted with has been kind and to the point.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First phone screens were very easy. In person interviews were also easy. They extended beyond the time I was told I would be there. There was a tour of the office that was a bit bizarre. The offices are boring and bland. Quieter than a library. Everyone sits at benches (the most inexpensive form of office design). And the most disconcerting thing about the interview process was that I think I saw several Blackberrys which makes me think they still use these obsolete things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and 3 previous roles.   1 Answer

Client Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview, followed by a video interview and finally they decided to fly me up to Sam Mateo and paid for my accommodations for a final interview with 3 different recruiting officers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my career objectives, why I would be a good fit for Fisher Investments. They asked about my professional goals and my desire to stick with the company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very weird Skype process with very basic questions considering my background. If you apply for an associate level role, even if you've been out of school for a year or two, they ask about college hobbies. Not really typical for most companies in the Bay. This was one of the many reasons I dipped out of the interview process early. The second was they have very low pay and are not willing to negotiate, which makes me think the comments regarding hierarchy, and old fashioned approach to career advancement is likely to be present at this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process. Applied through an employee referral, was emailed about 2 months later to schedule a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter on the phone. 1 week later, got an email saying that they wanted to meet in person. 2 weeks after that email a recruiter called me to schedule an in office interview. In person interview begins with a tour, then you meet with three people from different groups in the company. I was called a few days later to schedule a follow up phone interview.After that phone interview, one of their recruiters called me to schedule ANOTHER phone interview. Very long, drawn out process. Having the next phone interview in a few days. will be updating this post.

Interview Questions

• whats your background, why finance, tell me about a time you thrived in a fast paced competitive environment, explain something to me in simple terms that you learned in one of your classes, where do you see yourself in the firm 3 years from now, what would your former manager say about you, what kind of manager do you want, whats something that isn't on your resume, why fisher   Answer Question