Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Flew out to San Mateo for an interview a week later. Was given a tour (the building was practically empty) and then interviewed for two positions online in their office. Strange to be flown out to interview online and not in person but everyone I met was genuine. Very easy interview, the positions were not exactly what I would like to do though.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. First had a phone screening with a recruiter from the Camas office (that's where they recruit from). General questions and it lasted about 15 minutes. Passed the screening, and then was contacted for a phone interview three weeks later. The phone interview held basic interview questions and was rather enjoyable, definitely had things in common with the man interviewing me and they showed interest in what I had to say. This lasted about 35 minutes. A week later I was invited to the San Mateo location for an on-site interview, and they offered to fly me up which was terrific. First part of the interview consisted of sitting down with two members from different teams (one was a manager of the RFP team while the other was from the Marketing team). It seemed as though the managers who are assigned to interview you are determined by 'fit' from your phone interview. As a side note, I had applied for multiple positions, none of them being within RFP or Marketing. Anyways, the two managers asked questions any interviewee should expect. However, since the questions were rather basic and only aiming to expose whether the interviewee truly wants the job while being a good culture fit, it is essential that you impress even with the most basic of questions, especially since they interview many candidates. The two guys were nice and were definitely curious as to my background and what I had to say. This part lasted about 1 hour. After this part of the interview, I went into another room for a Skype interview, where interviewed a manager for Research implementation in Camas. Yet again the questions were generally the same. The guy seemed like he was in a rush, even though he was kind and attentive. The Skype interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got an email and a call about two weeks later that I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you have read recently?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond on a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you fell short and how you rebounded from it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online replying to a job board posting
    Turnaround response time almost one month to include resume submission and wait time
    Overall process very long in comparison to other companies for early interview stages

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Formal Interview Process.
    First was a telephonic round with a recruiter. After 2-3 weeks, I heard back about an onsite interview. The on-site was very formal and lasted for about 5 hours. Met people from 5 different departments. Questions were generic, mostly about previous work experience.
    Also about how much we know and understand about Fisher Culture.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher?
      Knowing of SQL and excel.
      A real life case study and attempt to solve their current business problem in the JD.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an onsite interview. Got the impression they were trying to meet some kind of quota and not interested in actually hiring as interview process was rather expictided and impersonal. Didn't spell my name right.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about explaining difficult topics.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter before going to their San Mateo offices for an in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. I had a tour of their offices before meeting with each individual.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be judged on one thing, what would it be?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview was extremely causal... Very behavior/conversational, they really just want to get to know you and your resume/background. The next Skype interview was very similar format... Some situational questions but again very casual. They then flew me out to the San Mateo office (flight, hotel both paid for). Had 3 interviews with managers of three different groups. Nothing too intimidating, everyone was extremely kind and these too were very much behavioral / situational questions. A couple weeks went by when I heard from a VP of one of the groups I met with in person, very causal/conversational, he just wanted to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the firm and at the end of the phone call he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed... What happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First, phone screen for recruiter. Then, phone call with two analysts. Then, phone call with two managers. Finally, in person interview with analysts and hiring manager. Offer was made, and rescinded less than 48 hours later. No reasons given whatsoever for rescinding the offer.

Interview Questions

• Case study related to improving website performance. How to evaluate results of A/B test. Open ended. SQL test. Discussion about the role and the types of work that is done.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Although the job details have been vague, the process has been straight forward and easy to navigate. Initial application was a cover letter and resume. Received an acknowledgement email and a week later an email indicating that the company was interested in a phone interview but due to high application volume it would take some time to connect. A week later I had a preliminary phone interview to make sure I could hold a proper conversation. That was followed by another phone interview with the primary recruiter to discuss basic skills and what I was looking for. On that call, the recruiter decided that it would be prudent to take next steps to set up a video call a few days later. The video call focused on my prior experience and how it pertains to what I am looking for moving forward. At this point, the recruiter liked what she had heard and decided to fly me across the country ( I live in DC) to the San Mateo office to meet with hiring managers for three different positions. The process has been rather prompt and everyone I have interacted with has been kind and to the point.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First phone screens were very easy. In person interviews were also easy. They extended beyond the time I was told I would be there. There was a tour of the office that was a bit bizarre. The offices are boring and bland. Quieter than a library. Everyone sits at benches (the most inexpensive form of office design). And the most disconcerting thing about the interview process was that I think I saw several Blackberrys which makes me think they still use these obsolete things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and 3 previous roles.   1 Answer