Fiskars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.8

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fiskars (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I was identified through a recruiter who presented me to the company. I then did a phone interview with HR, then a phone call with the hiring manager. Then I did an in person interview with the hiring manager and then a panel of interviews. Finally I did an interview at another location with higher up management.

Interview Questions

• I had to prepare a presentation about how I would take a product to market   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiskars (Peoria, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in a resume and cover letter. A couple days later I got a call to schedule an interview. It was just one on site interview of about 30 minutes. Once the offer was given and accepted, I went in for a drug test. They wait for the results before you are officially given the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some strengths and weaknesses?
      How are you with microsoft office? can you do pivot tables, use sum if equations, V look ups ?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years ?
      Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fiskars.

Interview

I applied for the position on fiskars.com and was contacted by an HR representative within 3 days. She called to acknowledge receipt of my application and to set up a time for an initial phone interview later that week. After the first phone interview with the HR rep, a second phone interview was scheduled a few days later with the person to whom I would directly report. After that, a final interview was scheduled for the following week- this time I would meet in person with whom I would directly report and a different HR representative.

I must say, the entire application and interview process was extremely pleasant. All participants and interviewers were informative, inquisitive, and made me feel very comfortable through every step of the way. In fact, after working for 15+ years, I can very firmly say the Fiskars interview process is one of the most comprehensive and professional ones I have ever experienced. It definitely impacted my decision to work here!

Interview Questions

• No question stood out as being "difficult" or "unexpected"   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fiskars (Madison, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the department Director, then by 3 current department managers. Each interview took approximately 30 minutes. My interview with the Director was more of a one-on-one meeting during which I inquired about the role and the qualifications/skills I would need in order to succeed. The director must have decided she liked me because she then scheduled three back to back interviews with the channel managers under her for the next week. I received my offer the same day of the interviews with the channel managers.

Interview Questions

• What work did you do in your last position and how has that prepared you for the job duties of this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiskars (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

I had multiple interview with people across the business. It didn't have a set of interview questions but was more of just generic questions that they shoot off the top of their head. I was asked about specific situations that I had that made me mad/happy and we reviewed my resume with a panel too.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that made you angry.

What motivates you?