Fitch Ratings Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Was asked to come in for an in-person interview 3 weeks later, understood hiring takes awhile. Never had an initial phone screen, but the people who interviewed me mistakenly thought I did. First HR blunder. The in-person interview consisted of four, 30 minute interviews with members of the team. Mostly behavioral with a couple easy accounting technical questions. Was then asked 1 week later to come in for a writing assignment in which I had to write a one-page report on a fictitious company with information provided to me by Fitch. No technical skills or knowledge necessary here - was strictly a writing assessment. The administrator told me they "forgot" to give this to me during the in-person interview - blunder number two. I was contacted by HR later that afternoon and given a verbal offer for an Analyst role, with HR actually bumping up my starting salary by $5k (told them I had a competing offer). No contact for about 5 days after this (weird). Was then called by HR and told that they had made a mistake - and asked if I would be interested in a Credit Associate (entry-level) role due to my lack of experience (~1 year in investment banking). Additionally, I would be making $10k less than what they offered. I begrudgingly accepted this, and was told I would need to take an online assessment to finalize everything. This was two, 30 minute writing and basic math assessments. I took the practice exams and got a 8/10 on math, and 8/8 on writing. Felt good about the actual exams. About a week later, and after numerous emails in attempt to speak with HR, I was contacted via EMAIL and told that "my performance on the online exam" was not sufficient to have an offer. I asked the HR point of contact in MULTIPLE times for feedback, and my results on the exam. I was never given either, and she would not get on the phone with me to discuss the issue. Overall, this was the worst hiring experience I have ever been a part of, and would not recommend Fitch to anyone looking for a good job at a company with a decent HR department. You will not find this here. Overall, the process was ~3 weeks of indecision, confusion, and ultimately disappointment. HR could benefit from hiring new staff to support the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fitch Ratings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lengthy online assessment. After about 2 months after completing the assessment, I was selected for a phone interview which was pretty straightforward, a mix of both technical and personal questions. The next day I found out that I advanced to the super day. The super day included a writing sample, followed by two back-to-back 1 on 1 interviews and an excel test.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview with a MD in the department related to the one I applied to. Really nice guy, only motivational question. Invited for the AC which will be presentation and a written exercice.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

One interview by line manager followed by interview by senior director and a case study on credit rating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings in March 2009.

Interview

got a call from the hr, set up a tele interview, went throough the first interview

Interview Questions

• would a car of 14% for a bug bank be good?   1 Answer

Negotiation

know you minimum benchmark

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (London, England (UK)) in October 2008.

Interview

Standard - Competency based mainly