Fitch Ratings Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Fitch Ratings Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Consisted of a 5 hour long interview where I met various members of the team I applied to and had two assessments related to the job. One of the assessments consisted of providing an opinion about a fictitious company and writing a one page report on it. The second assessment was specific to the group I was joining.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company's ability to meet its obligations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First HR person contacts you / asks you questions about resume. Second round has three parts: write about a company where they provide the information and questions, then meet with people in the department, and finally they test your Excel skills.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lengthy online assessment. After about 2 months after completing the assessment, I was selected for a phone interview which was pretty straightforward, a mix of both technical and personal questions. The next day I found out that I advanced to the super day. The super day included a writing sample, followed by two back-to-back 1 on 1 interviews and an excel test.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I would say Fitch Ratings had one of the best interview process. Everybody was engaged from HR/Recruiter to interviewers. The HR representative was warm and accommodating. I had to expedite my interview process and she was extremely helpful and got me through the interview process seamlessly. The interviewers were professional and welcoming. They asked about my PM experience and also I think they are looking for the right fit for the company which I agree is very important. I interviewed with the managers for each group I will be working with: Project Management, Business Analyst, and Development managers.

I was excited to receive the offer but regretfully had to decline due to personal reasons even. However I believe Fitch would have been a great place to advance in my career.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my experience as a project manager.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school. Then I was sent a skills test. Following that I had a phone interview with HR and then an on site interview with people from different groups/levels in the company. I also had a short presentation which they gave me 30 min to prep for on a research report.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple. Hr was very helpful in getting everything in and on time. Orientation was easy, simple and fun. Overall had a great time, and the interview was a lot better than most company.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It's really about your initiative, your interest in finance, your willingness to learn, and how excited you are. They don't expect you to know all about bonds and loans, just show a genuine interest in finance and the markets, show that you're someone they'd like to work with, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you read in the news   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

first call was with HR, followed by 2 more rounds. Met 4 people in total
    expect a writing and excel test in the first round.
    the interviews are rigorous, could meet up to 8 people a day - they ask a mix of behavioral and technical questions, all depending on who you get

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here
      how has your experienced help in this role
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. The questions were composed off half technicals and half behaviorals. Nothing too difficult though. The phone screen lasted for 30 minutes. The recruiter then laid out their entire hiring process at the end. Still waiting for result from the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is leverage and what is coverage means in Finance?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 superday. Straight forward process reviewing experiences. Met with all the members of the group. Reviewed responsibilities. Excel and writing test in the beginning. Writing test regarding potential PR. Excel test reviewing basic skills.

Interview Questions

• Why Fitch? Why this group?   1 Answer