Fitch Ratings Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for short phone call with HR involving personality questions, why are you interested in this position etc, then a longer phone call with hiring manager the following week.

Interview Questions

• Investment grade bonds, yields, tell me something about the markets.   Answer Question

Senior Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter who submitted my resume to the company. The company reached back out to schedule a phone interview for the next day! People who work here are very knowledgeable!

Interview Questions

• Questions related to private equity and credit/debt knowledge!   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was a very long process that included: HR screening; interviews by Directors from Chicago office; interviews with NYC office; writing sample; special project; 2nd rounds with the NYC office.

Overall, felt like there was no leadership throughout the process and the scope of the role was not well defined. The interview team also took very long time between each interviews and follow up.

Interview Questions

Fitch Ratings Response

Aug 22, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. I recently joined Fitch Ratings in a new role to transform and lead talent acquisition, including the candidate and interview experience. Our goal is... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career portal. Was contacted for a phone screen, than went for an in person interview. They got back to me pretty quick from both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance definitions,. I.E. whats a bond, credit rating, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief, behavioral interview. It was nothing too strenuous a couple of phone calls and very simple technical questions to make sure you essentially were not lying on your resume. Not a painful process by any means

Interview Questions

Fitch Ratings Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad your interview experience went well, and I hope you enjoyed your time here at Fitch during yourinternship.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online, then online SAT test which had a math and an English section, then had a 45 minute phone interview, then went for on site interview which was both technical and behavioral

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Consisted of a 5 hour long interview where I met various members of the team I applied to and had two assessments related to the job. One of the assessments consisted of providing an opinion about a fictitious company and writing a one page report on it. The second assessment was specific to the group I was joining.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company's ability to meet its obligations?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Long process interviewing with people who should have asked better questions and understood the role. I found that the questions were perfunctory and the interviewers seemed to be going thru the motions. They didn't seem excited about working there themselves. Very curious about what I saw in the company. These people all seem to have a complex about being at the company. I detected that in all of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First HR person contacts you / asks you questions about resume. Second round has three parts: write about a company where they provide the information and questions, then meet with people in the department, and finally they test your Excel skills.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lengthy online assessment. After about 2 months after completing the assessment, I was selected for a phone interview which was pretty straightforward, a mix of both technical and personal questions. The next day I found out that I advanced to the super day. The super day included a writing sample, followed by two back-to-back 1 on 1 interviews and an excel test.