Five Guys Burgers & Fries General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Guys Burgers & Fries General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Puyallup, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Responded to advertisement on Indeed, Emailed back and forth with a lady and got an interview.
Showed up at the interview and the place was locked as they didnt open for another 2 hrs. Called the store and the store manager wasn't aware of me showing up until after he let me in and called a few people.

Overall the interview went well. We chatted about the position and various other stuff. Got a second interview with the DM (district manager) for the next day. Will update as soon as the interview is over .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application on line trough a third party site. I did not hear back from anyone. One day, about 3 weeks later, a DM and recruiter who were preparing a restaurant just down the street from my current company came in for lunch. I engaged them in conversation and mentioned my recent application. After an exchange of business cards I received a call several hours later to arrange a formal interview with the DM. Two days later I had an offer and accepted two days after that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Five Guys?   Answer Question
    • What type of leader are you and how did you become that type of leader?   Answer Question
    • What would you make your biggest focus initially as a General Manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you control your budget/ P&L?   Answer Question
    • What type of work day are you used to? How flexible are you to opening, closing, working according to the needs of your restaurant?   Answer Question

Negotiation

During my interview I was asked what salary I was looking for and I gave a range that was as low as I would accept up to the highest reported salary I was able to find for the General Manager position. The offer I received was near the bottom of my range so I asked for them to consider another $3K. After a couple of days they responded with a yes to my counter-offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (San Diego, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring process almost 3 months

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to wait 3 months or more for the hiring process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

First contacted for phone screen with recruiter, then in person interview. Recruiter was standard questions, though very nice. In person interview was odd because it was myself being interviewed by two District Managers and their boss. Typical managerial interview questions, although be careful, they like to use what you say against you when they lowball you .

Interview Questions

• What do you mean our concept is simple?   1 Answer

After one 30 minute interview, they liked me enough to make an offer that was several thousand dollars less than my current salary. During the interview, they mentioned that my salary was within their range.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

Called on the phone, met in person, tested knowledge of the food industry, hired by a franchise owner not corporate to run multiple stores. I had already been a former employee and knew the setup.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Burlington, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. The interview questions were very basic and not very open ended. The individual performing the interview needed to better prepare prior to initiating the interview. However, the store was very clean and the atmosphere was inviting which prompted me to want to give this company a try.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience line up with the Five Guys brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Milford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (New Milford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Went over resume, non sense question and convening me of leaving my job, the interview was with a general manager for another store and the district manager. I applied for a general manager position but they offered an assistant manager position promising that they will promote me within a month and it didnt happen.

Interview Questions

• How did you perform previously?
      What POS your current position has?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (North Charleston, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Came in, spoke with the owner about the expectations and was offered a General Manager position. (This was never actually fulfilled though, just more lies and deciet from a truly terrible person)

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Drove 4 hours to meet the owner of 2 locations. Met at a local coffee shop. In the end, he said I had answered all his questions before he could ask them, but said that I was exactly what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of compensation are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to take less than that until you completed training? After like 2weeks, I'll give you a raise, then after 30 days I'd have you where you want to be, but until then, I'd rather not make it so all the employees who've been there for so long right now find out that you're making more than them, because they might quit. So would you be willing to accept $10/hr to start, and I'll be able to add a few dollars to that number myself, but it'd be with payroll because everyone can see your salary on the computer in the office, would that be okay? I promise I'll have you up to where you want to be after you've proven you can do the job as you say you can. Sound good?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

The DoP didn’t show up to the interview and I sat and interviewed with a manager who was quite young (he was nice and all but I was applying to be his supervisor and I felt like the situation was weird and inappropriate. Afterward, I emailed the DoP and he rescheduled the interview. The interview itself was vanilla and not particularly memorable: he told me to email him with a desired salary. I asked for $10k over the national average just because you would have to pay me that if I was going to have to answer to this guy. After he received my email he replied that he would reply back one way or the next by “the end of next week”. That was a week ago and still no confirmation of a decision.