Five Guys Burgers & Fries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Guys Burgers & Fries Interview Questions

Interviews at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

1.8

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

Called on the phone, met in person, tested knowledge of the food industry, hired by a franchise owner not corporate to run multiple stores. I had already been a former employee and knew the setup.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Burlington, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. The interview questions were very basic and not very open ended. The individual performing the interview needed to better prepare prior to initiating the interview. However, the store was very clean and the atmosphere was inviting which prompted me to want to give this company a try.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience line up with the Five Guys brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Milford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (New Milford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Went over resume, non sense question and convening me of leaving my job, the interview was with a general manager for another store and the district manager. I applied for a general manager position but they offered an assistant manager position promising that they will promote me within a month and it didnt happen.

Interview Questions

• How did you perform previously?
      What POS your current position has?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (North Charleston, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Came in, spoke with the owner about the expectations and was offered a General Manager position. (This was never actually fulfilled though, just more lies and deciet from a truly terrible person)

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Drove 4 hours to meet the owner of 2 locations. Met at a local coffee shop. In the end, he said I had answered all his questions before he could ask them, but said that I was exactly what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of compensation are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to take less than that until you completed training? After like 2weeks, I'll give you a raise, then after 30 days I'd have you where you want to be, but until then, I'd rather not make it so all the employees who've been there for so long right now find out that you're making more than them, because they might quit. So would you be willing to accept $10/hr to start, and I'll be able to add a few dollars to that number myself, but it'd be with payroll because everyone can see your salary on the computer in the office, would that be okay? I promise I'll have you up to where you want to be after you've proven you can do the job as you say you can. Sound good?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

The DoP didn’t show up to the interview and I sat and interviewed with a manager who was quite young (he was nice and all but I was applying to be his supervisor and I felt like the situation was weird and inappropriate. Afterward, I emailed the DoP and he rescheduled the interview. The interview itself was vanilla and not particularly memorable: he told me to email him with a desired salary. I asked for $10k over the national average just because you would have to pay me that if I was going to have to answer to this guy. After he received my email he replied that he would reply back one way or the next by “the end of next week”. That was a week ago and still no confirmation of a decision.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Little Rock, AR) in January 2018.

Interview

It was weird and odd.the dm didn't seem to have much experience interviewing herself so I kinda just tried to carry on general conversation to help her feel at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Orland Park, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

3 interviews.
    1st, a phone interview with the corporate recruiter from Virginia. Positive experience very easy questions about past work history and experience, also some questions about current activities and future plans.
    2nd, a face to face with District Manager/Hiring Manager. This interview was at the store they were looking to hire for. The DM asked about prior work experience, salary expactations, and some questions about how I handled different situations.
    3rd, final face to face with both Area and District manager. Very brief interview just introduction and they made an offer that I accepted right away.
    Overall, very positive experience, the whole hiring process tool about 10 days from application to offer.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Southfield, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

They throw some numbers at you and lie to get you to take the job. They tell you one thing and how work going to be and it’s the complete opposite.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by who later became known to me as the REGIONAL MANAGER for an interview. The location was about 30 minutes from my house. I was a bit deterred by the distance but I headed out anyway. After at very brief interview, with two people at once, I was told that there was a position open closer to my residence. I was told that I would receive a call from the hiring manager at that location in two days. After a week I decided to make a follow up call. I spoke with the gentleman that initially interviewed me for a status update and was told that the person whom I was expecting a call from was actually with him at that very moment and that I could meet with her at her store location for an interview. I arrived for the interview, introduced myself and we began discussing my qualifications. The hiring manager was VERY impressed with my knowledge of the business and how I articulated my experiences. She was very honest with me by telling me that she WAS NOT going to contact me for an interview but decided to meet with me because of my continued interest. I was ultimately hired as an assistant manager when her location was only interested in acquiring a shift lead!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The general manager was not prepared to make an assistant manager offer but after becoming familiarized with my qualifications, offered me 100% of the job market value of a Five Guys assistant manager position.