Five Guys Burgers & Fries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Guys Burgers & Fries Interview Questions

Interviews at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Green Bay, WI) in January 2010.

Interview

I met with one of the operating partners and had a 1 on 1 interview with him, then continued with a phone interview of the other operating partners. Overall the interview went great, communication flowed really well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if at home and had a call from the store and they needed help.   1 Answer

I declined because of the cut in pay and 20 minutes of extra driving to work everyday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The GM was very polite and highly informative. Very down to earth. Establishment was very clean.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in May 2015.

Interview

Solid 30 minutes. Detailed questions about past employment and roles you had. Experience required. Very relaxed. Typical questions. Applied online. They contact you. Set up time to meat. Two interviews. Videos and quizzes once you are hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

First came a phone interview which lasted about 40 minutes. Then there were 2 in person interviews. All the interviews were very professional. Each of those lasted about 45 minutes. I was asked the normal questions about my work history, why I left my last job, why I wanted to work for 5 Guys Burgers. I was then called back for another interview with the Area Manager which lasted about 40 minutes. The Area Manager was 30 minutes late for the interview that I was 45 minutes early for. I was there for a total of 1 hour and 50 minutes. I drove a total of 400 miles to different locations for the interviews. I was never given a call back to let me know either way on being hired or not. Very unprofessional. Area Manager being late for an interview is very unprofessional. I think I dodged a bullet on this one. I can only imagine how they must treat their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Puyallup, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about two minutes, only asked a few questions. Two in person interviews scheduled three weeks apart. Very unorganized and didn't ever call back on-time. After meeting Owner, District Manager, and General Manager, no contact after final interview, even after I was told I would be contacted within the week.

Anonymous Employee in Avon, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Avon, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume in, and did a phone interview with a recruiter, then met with the district manager and was brought on board right away. The company has high turnover so they will take on anyone who has a pulse.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the brand   1 Answer

Negotiation

Most district managers will not negotiate, they offer you a little more than average pay for your area.

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Mechanicsburg, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a quick interview. I started as a pt crew to get extra money. I quit with notice shortly after Christmas. The DM called 6 months letter and offered me an opportunity of employment as ask manger. Based on my experience in past job with 6 years of management. He said I had a great personality. We talked about cleanliness and having an enthusiastic energy.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to do detail cleaning?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Ewing, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They were flexible with the interview time and talked before they opened. After talking for thirty minutes, the hiring manager thanked me and would get back to me within 5 days after checking references.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work for 150 hrs to learn their system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Lake City, FL).

Interview

Two managers performed the initial interview at a hotel conference room. District manager performed a follow up interview at Starbucks. Both interviews were upbeat, they asked all the normal questions relevant to the restaurant industry

Interview Questions

• Describe a way that you are able to motivate a team.   1 Answer

Fry Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

I walked in the closest Five Guys Burgers and Fries, and asked if they were hiring. They gave me an interview on the spot. The interview consisted of questions about my personality. It seems they were trying to figure out if I was a pleasant person to work with.