Five Guys Burgers & Fries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

1.8

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Fast and straightforward. They asked a lot of simple questions and if the hiring manager like you, then you got the job. Since it is a fast food interview, a simple polo and khaki would be sufficient for male applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Five Guys?   1 Answer

Fry Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in January 2018.

Interview

They talk to you and see if you had saftey training and are able to not hurt yourself in the kitchen. After a quick chat they let you try to cook something and see how it goes. Most often they train you and its really easy

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I walked in a spoke to the hiring manager and he seemed very nice. He asked me about my hours and how I heard about them. After that he offered the job to me and asked me when I could start.

Shift Leader Interview

Interview

I felt like I was pretty much running the interview. The general manager was more like someone I was interviewing maybe because I have more experience and the restaurant business and he does just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when employee that was a hard employee to deal withand how did you deal with them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Oneonta, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

There was open interview that was taking place. I stopped in and was grant a interview later that week. At first they seem really nice. They seemed to care about my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Mechanicsburg, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

it really wasn't anything just asked about my past a bit. and asked if I would do whatever he told me to do. he was kind of being a jerk off if you ask me what I thought personally.

Interview Questions

• will you listen to what I tell you to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Burlington, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

awesome manager, interviewed me upon walking in, hired next day. Most honest and intelligent conversation ive ever had. Wonderful expierenice in till this GM left to move to a different state. I would recommend applying online now though.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Monroe, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like any other in a food industry. It was one on one with the General Manager. Asked simple questions about the job and what your goals are. It helps if you have food handling history. They require you to watch videos before your "on the job training" which you most likely will never receive as employees are too busy to help you. No one starts as a Shift Leader as that is the next phase in the promotion process, you will start as a crew member and will be on one position for a week or two til you master that.

Interview Questions

• Are you over 18?
      Any experience handling or preparing food?
      How well do you work as a team?
      What is your goal with the company, where do you see yourself 2 years from today?
      How do you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start everyone as a crew member, and on one position that they are looking for; Grill, Fries, Counter/POS, Back Of House.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to interview a few days later. I went to the location listed in the title and that was in the job description. Arrived and was told that a separate location nearby was the place I was supposed to go to instead, yet they made no mention of that in the listing or during the initial call. The manager there interviewed me anyways and was extremely nice. I later went to the "correct" location. They had me fill out a paper application in-person and interviewed me there. Hiring manager there said that the location mishap is because they use the other store's location in the listing since they are so close together, but again, failed to tell me that at any point before.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I came into the main location for their NY headquarters and waited to be seated.
    After waiting for 5 minutes I was asked to come with a man whom I would later know as the district manager. He asked me questions about leadership, workplace performance and what I felt I could contribute. I answered all his questions, made him laugh with funny workplace anecdotes and was told more than twice I would be hearing from them. I did hear from them, almost immediately and was offered the "Manager-in-training" position, which I accepted.