Five Guys Burgers & Fries Shift Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Guys Burgers & Fries Shift Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

2.0

Shift Leader Interview

Interview

I felt like I was pretty much running the interview. The general manager was more like someone I was interviewing maybe because I have more experience and the restaurant business and he does just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when employee that was a hard employee to deal withand how did you deal with them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Anonymous Employee in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Oneonta, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

There was open interview that was taking place. I stopped in and was grant a interview later that week. At first they seem really nice. They seemed to care about my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Mechanicsburg, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

it really wasn't anything just asked about my past a bit. and asked if I would do whatever he told me to do. he was kind of being a jerk off if you ask me what I thought personally.

Interview Questions

• will you listen to what I tell you to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Monroe, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like any other in a food industry. It was one on one with the General Manager. Asked simple questions about the job and what your goals are. It helps if you have food handling history. They require you to watch videos before your "on the job training" which you most likely will never receive as employees are too busy to help you. No one starts as a Shift Leader as that is the next phase in the promotion process, you will start as a crew member and will be on one position for a week or two til you master that.

Interview Questions

• Are you over 18?
      Any experience handling or preparing food?
      How well do you work as a team?
      What is your goal with the company, where do you see yourself 2 years from today?
      How do you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start everyone as a crew member, and on one position that they are looking for; Grill, Fries, Counter/POS, Back Of House.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I came into the main location for their NY headquarters and waited to be seated.
    After waiting for 5 minutes I was asked to come with a man whom I would later know as the district manager. He asked me questions about leadership, workplace performance and what I felt I could contribute. I answered all his questions, made him laugh with funny workplace anecdotes and was told more than twice I would be hearing from them. I did hear from them, almost immediately and was offered the "Manager-in-training" position, which I accepted.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to interview a few days later. I went to the location listed in the title and that was in the job description. Arrived and was told that a separate location nearby was the place I was supposed to go to instead, yet they made no mention of that in the listing or during the initial call. The manager there interviewed me anyways and was extremely nice. I later went to the "correct" location. They had me fill out a paper application in-person and interviewed me there. Hiring manager there said that the location mishap is because they use the other store's location in the listing since they are so close together, but again, failed to tell me that at any point before.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in July 2013.

Interview

The interview I had was part of a job fair that was being held for Shift Leaders. I went in and was greeting by several Five Guys managers (DM's and GM's, I believe). After filling out the application, I was immediately interviewed by a DM. He asked basic questions about me, about what I could contribute to the company and whatnot. He was impressed with me so he got another DM to interview with me who asked most of the same questions. She also really like me so she got her boss to come over and talk to me and he also thought I should be hired. All three were very nice and professional. The whole process took less than an hour. Furthermore, I got a call that night with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Had to interviews one with store manager and the other with franchise and district manager

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expect to get a math quiz   1 Answer

Negotiation

I think I should've receive a little more

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Burlington, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

awesome manager, interviewed me upon walking in, hired next day. Most honest and intelligent conversation ive ever had. Wonderful expierenice in till this GM left to move to a different state. I would recommend applying online now though.